• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cmr Situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
your saying Delta can't control what it owns? Hello wake up or stop drinking the red stuff.

I'll give you rjdc'ers credit. You pick an inane position and stick with it, no matter the lack of logic, intelligence, or reality of it.
:erm:

What an amazing thread. Delusions at their best.

I don't have a dog in this fight in regards to the whole furlough situation as I am a north guy, but I hope I can bring some amount of realism in to what is going on.

50 seaters are toast. The big question is how many they are going to keep around. More than likely going back to the what the RJ was intended to do. Take ATL. Do you really believe they are going to throw RJs against the new SW?

As for the 70/90 take a look around. Comapass has better jets.. Period. How many 70/90s are on order? One other fact lost on a lot of regional guys is that the DC9 has become the RJ replacement. You can call it old or whatever you want but it costs the same amount of money to throw a DC9 holding 125 seats in the air as it does a 76 seater. Guess which one is more profitable. Where do you think some of the RJ routes in ATL have been going? DL hasn't dropped them, they are being picked up by the DC9. You know FNT, DAY, DAB, LIT, GSO, SAV to name a few. That's called being replaced. And persish the thought the pilots make almost double or in some cases triple what the regionals make, yet somehow it's still more profitable. Labor being paid too much killing the operation is pure fantasy. Last time I checked DL was on track to make $1 bil. this year. How much is CMR going to make?

Lastly as for who works for Delta that's easy. My paycheck says Delta Airlines Inc on it. What does yours say?

Don't worry too much Vandeley one of your female FO's was just telling my FO the other day that they are using this as a scare tactic. She said that they are painting 36 CRJ90's up in Montreal right now that are for Comair. Hopefully she is right.

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Let me assure you this is false. First off, scope doesn't allow more 900s, second, we live in the information age, don't you think that someone up in Montreal would have seen these planes and maybe taken a picture? Third, where do you store 36 900s? In a secret underground bunker? Fourth, do you think delta would want 36 airplanes sitting on the ground not making any money?
This should ease your anxiety

I agree that the Montreal idea was crap and no way it is true, but as far as Scope there is still room for 31 more 90 seaters..

My understanding is scope would allow an additional 8 700's, not 31 900's. I know the source of that 31 a/c rumor at CMR and I would call the source highly questionable at best and a pipe dream in reality.
Now go revise your standing bid. It's gonna be a short ride!
Lol

DL isn't buying new airplanes anytime soon (aside from the 777's and some 737's they had on order already)...they are trying to pay off debt from the poor financial decisions of past ceo's.

Their next order sure as heck isn't going to be for any RJ's.

DL isn't buying new airplanes anytime soon (aside from the 777's and some 737's they had on order already)...they are trying to pay off debt from the poor financial decisions of past ceo's.

Their next order sure as heck isn't going to be for any RJ's.

Unkle Ritchie has been at NWA a long time. Employees will be paying for schyte decisions he made for a while.

Latest resources

Back