CMR Sick Calls Xmas Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stick it lecture party

Did we just get another lecture? He even gave a lecture about giving a lecture. And I thought his first post was funny!

He must be a suspender wearing, washed out of military flight training, wanna be checkairman type handing out integrity lectures. To top it off he has his PFT southwest credentials in his type list. Too bad maybe next time around walmart will hire you to fly those barney boats.

While I agree sometimes one must take a stand in the face of adversity (you booking on UAL vs DAL is a good example of coping strategy), I don't think merely taking a stand qualities as an intergrity-driven action, and I would hope to see no other posts [others'] about professionalism when this kind of thing is condoned as a tactic. There is no doubt that management integrity may be of negative perception and consequence, but to suggest 'what is good for the goose is good for the gander' OR that 'the ends justify the means', is really loosening professional ideals. If a group intends to be professional--unionized or not--that means acting the proper way all the time, not just when it suits your own needs, even in the face of adversity. Perhaps there were 500+ actually sick people, but I doubt it. Believe me, I preach the same (when asked) to the folks I fly with...doing what is right is, at all times, the right thing to do. Somtimes the line is blurred between right and wrong when it comes to ethical decisions, but lying is not one of those lines. By doing the same as management (if that is the case) then you simply support or validtate their tactics...

BVT1151: Hardly a lecture, but your general ignorance is noted.

Mr. SKYWRGUY, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
And you call yourself a Regional Airline Pilot?

Typical Comair BS! These clowns are the biggest idiots I have ever seen! WOW what a man it takes to call in sick! I am impressed. All these DI$KS have done is to ensure more of their flying is moved to Skywest. Comair is unreliable, uncomfortable, nausiating experience. I look forward to this third class airline out for good!

Wow, It's sad to admit it but I'm really starting to enjoy your posts. Maybe its that I can actually visualize you coming home from work at the Walmart and catching the Comair guy diddleing your wife. Let me guess, you just haven't felt like a man since then? Its OK, Not many guys can feel manly when compared to a regional pilot. I think there are support groups for guys like you....

How many people didn't get to spend Christmas with their family all because you tools decided to make a point? Did you ever think that your actions affect someone other than yourselves?

If you is waitin' til X-mas day ta travel home you is duh "Tool". Riskin' travel, especially threw Cinncy... during da Holi daze... You so Krazy..... Bouyyyyyyyy...

Those passengers you left stranded because you didn't feel like working pay your salary. Without them, you don't have your job. And why the heck would you complain about people flying on Christmas day? Have you ever thought that their lives don't revolve around your social calendar? They have jobs too, in fact I'll bet you that most of them work way more than the majority of airline pilots. Actually, I know they do, I worked for Pinnacle, and I worked a lot, and I work a heck of a lot more now that I'm no longer flying. The rest of the public flies on Christmas day because that is the only day they have a chance to get home to see their families, or in order to get back to their jobs.

The union strategy of pissing off your customers doesn't work. ALPA's retarded seniority system is your problem. The top 5% of the seniority list get the most days off, along with all of the holiday's off. How about this, if you work Christmas, you're not working New Years, or the 4th of July. Everyone gets a holiday during the year to be with their family. Makes sense, right? That's what a lot of places such as hospitals do, their workers work all day everday too. Oh yeah, ALPA is only interested in maintaining its own existence for its own benefits, and helping out the top 10% of the seniority list. (I do recognize some of the good that ALPA has done as far as safety and litigation for its members, however the overall organization is broken! As long as you continue with sickouts, you are not going to make any progress.)

Those passengers you left stranded because you didn't feel like working pay your salary. Without them, you don't have your job. And why the heck would you complain about people flying on Christmas day? Have you ever thought that their lives don't revolve around your social calendar? They have jobs too, in fact I'll bet you that most of them work way more than the majority of airline pilots. Actually, I know they do, I worked for Pinnacle, and I worked a lot, and I work a heck of a lot more now that I'm no longer flying. The rest of the public flies on Christmas day because that is the only day they have a chance to get home to see their families, or in order to get back to their jobs.

The union strategy of pissing off your customers doesn't work. ALPA's retarded seniority system is your problem. The top 5% of the seniority list get the most days off, along with all of the holiday's off. How about this, if you work Christmas, you're not working New Years, or the 4th of July. Everyone gets a holiday during the year to be with their family. Makes sense, right? That's what a lot of places such as hospitals do, their workers work all day everday too. Oh yeah, ALPA is only interested in maintaining its own existence for its own benefits, and helping out the top 10% of the seniority list. (I do recognize some of the good that ALPA has done as far as safety and litigation for its members, however the overall organization is broken! As long as you continue with sickouts, you are not going to make any progress.)

Yeah and what's wrong with rewarding seniority? Everybody that sticks around a place long enuogh is gonna be senior sooner or later. Personally , I'd like to think that after 10 or 15 yrs of flying holidays I could rest assured I'd be home with my family.

Growing up I remember my father (a cop) working some pretty messed up schedules because he was junior. As I grew older he was able to get the holidays off.

Latest resources

Back