CMR Sick Calls Xmas Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASARJMan

Why hasn't the media picked up on the 500+ sick calls CMR pilots and F/As made Xmas day? Afraid of the publicity I guess. Delta/ CMR managements choose not to release that information.

STRIKE ASA!

119 flight cancellations for CMR on 12/26 as compared to 53 on 12/25.

I wouldn't celebrate a lack of integrity; how many of those were really sick?

How many people didn't get to spend Christmas with their family all because you tools decided to make a point? Did you ever think that your actions affect someone other than yourselves?

Skywrjguy - Integrity?

How much integrity does it take to attack your agreement with your employees when you are earning a $50,000,000 profit. Comair's only justification is "because we can."

As far as integrity goes, Comair's management has nearly zero and they are reaping the product of the example they show. Congratulations to the Comair employees who are finally sending the message that they have had enough abuse.

Integrity sometimes means taking a stand.

Today my business partner called me about sending three employees on a trip. We decided that UAL's connection through Denver looked a lot better than a connection through CVG because of Comair's labor problems. Not much, but Delta's lack of integrity will cost them more in bookings than the amount they are trying to strip from the Comair pilots. Our little $1,200 in fares is not much, but it is being duplicated over and over again.

The only reason Comair is being attacked is because they suceeded in negotiating a contract that made flying at Comair a decent career choice. Management does not want that precedent to stand.

We pilots should support the Comair pilots. In my view - after management distroys its agreement with the employees, the employees are not under any agreement to do anything. Employment is purely "at will" now.

Last edited:
How many people didn't get to spend Christmas with their family all because you tools decided to make a point? Did you ever think that your actions affect someone other than yourselves?
Did management? It is their airline to run. If they are having a problem with employee morale maybe they need to do something differently.

Latest resources

Back