• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CMR on the move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Something definately needs to be done. Having spent over two years there that place went from flat out class of the industry to just another regional. There is not a pilot on the seniority list that is happy with direction of the company the last year or so. Something needs to be done, and it sounds like Buttrell is trying to get them back to a leadership postion. BTW, Regional Randy did an excellent job of bleeding all the resources dry for his year end bonus.

I would hope that it is the contract longevity increase that they are talking about freezing - and not your yearly raise. I think that was how the last pay freeze I worked under worked...

wait, wait, wait, somebody please tell me I am hearing this wrong.

2. A pay freeze, including longevity increases, for the period of the contract;

Does this mean that somebody in their first year is going to recieve first year pay for the next X number of months? What about the guy who is 5 days from his raise to 2nd year pay? Will he be screwed over and forced to keep making just $23 an hour?!
Next question, if the above is true, when this longevity freeze ends, will the guy who stuck it out at first year pay for 3 years all of a sudden be bumped up to third year pay (or pay commesurate with his years of employment) or will he just be bumped to the next year pay?

Growth is good but it sounds like it is going to be more difficult for junior guys whereas the senior guys probably don't have much of a problem with a pay freeze at $80 an hour.

2 friends go to the airlines at the same time, one to comair and one to expressjet
Comair first year $23 Expressjet first year $22
Comair second year $23 Expressjet second year $32
Comair third year $23 Expressjet third year $34

is the above right?!?!:confused:

No, you'll still get longevity raises, but the contract increases (DOS +) will freeze. Basically, every year or two the contract rates go up, but under a freeze what the 2004 rates are, they'll stay there until 2007. You'll still get your yearly longevity raise.

"A pay freeze, including longevity increases, for the period of the contract"

Sounds pretty clear to me.....Unfortunately!

Best of luck to our CA brothers!

NO NO NO. Management will never quit this "concessionsforgrowth"non-sense if we don't stand up and tell them no. And beforeyou say it,any pay freeze is a concession. If this gets the okay from the pilots, it will do nothing but continue a nasty trend of "concessions for growth."

Division in the Ranks -- Hang On!

Thats a good point. IF thats the case you're putting the guys on probotationary pay on a quasi-bscale. Interesting dillema.

There will be the faction at Comair who refuses the deal entirely. (the "just say NO" crowd)

There will be the faction (sr F/Os jr C/Os) who will be pushing for it.

There will be the faction at Comair who wants to protect the probationary newhires from a life on food-stamps.

There will be the faction who believes that "there are only 50 newhires, screw them!"

There will be the faction of CR7 Captains who will be angry that the E170/175 will not pay more.

This is going to potentially be a divisive couple of weeks at Comair. It will be educational to see if the current and future status reps will make the effort to communicate with the group.

If ever there has been a reason to call a special MEC meeting and discuss the decision with the pilot group this is it...

Last edited:
Twotter76 said:
I would hope that it is the contract longevity increase that they are talking about freezing - and not your yearly raise.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd also interpret that to mean the yearly longevity increase, which would effectively be a pay cut.

Things ain't getting any cheaper these days, ya know. Taco Bell just raised the price of a soft taco from $.79 to $.89, and I believe raman noddles went from 6 for $1 to 5 for $1 at the local grocery store. :mad: H#ll, I need that longevity pay to keep up the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed!

Hopefully they won't try it again at ASA.

If this does happen and the new guys get stuck at first year pay, I'd hazard a guess that they won't stick around too long. F that.

Last edited:
180ToTheMarker said:
In 2003, ASA tried that same crap. They wanted to extend our currentcontract for 2 more years in exchange for "growth airplanes."The onlything mgmt got was our collective middle fingers. Stand strong Comairand say "no"...chances are you'll get the airplanes anyway.

So instead of extending the contract for two years. Their new plan is to just stall the new contrcact for about seven years the way negotiations are going. oh and I also like that golf game comment above really funny. Well lets see whats going to happen to ASA

If this does get voted on and pass, there's going to be a hell of a lot more than 50 people on 1st year pay.

The last class that will be on 2nd year pay (date of 1st delivery is June) will be the March 1, 2004 class. All other classes will be 1st year at time of delivery which is about 60 people right now.. Add to that the new hires required and the number goes up quite a bit.

There's got to be protection for the new hires to get to year 2 pay. Right now, the wording of the memo is a little muddy on that.

Latest resources

Back