• Start date
  • Watchers 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No the LOA does say 25 70 seat JETS. Fred told me firsthand, that the Q400s would be IN ADDITION TO, not in leu of the 25 LOA aircraft.

BTW: Anyone remember how many CRJ and EMB170s USAIR recieved financing for WHILE THEY WERE IN CHAPTER 11? You can finance anything, you just may not get the terms you want.

bvt1151 said:
The 70-seater talk stopped when Grinstein mentioned bankruptcy. All finaciers have since backed away from any Delta asset, and who can blame them.

The Q-400's were mentioned by Fred the first week he was here. They are not part of the 25 70-seaters. If Q-400's show up, there will still be 25 70-seat jets or the LOA will snap back next December.

Fred's "dream" is to operate Q-400's on a pro-rate basis (as opposed to fee for departure) in some lucrative markets where t-props are still profitable. It should be made absolutely clear that any Q-400's are completely independent of the LOA.

How about USAir and the A350s? And what about Air Canada? They were hours away from total liquidation. And what eventually happened? Air Canada got financing after their bankruptcy. What was it for? 35 777s and 20 787s? Why did the deal go away? The old Air Canada guys wanted fences for the old CP Air pilots. You can surely get financing, even in Chap 11. Don't call me Shirley.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Broke in CVG said:
No the LOA does say 25 70 seat JETS. Fred told me firsthand, that the Q400s would be IN ADDITION TO, not in leu of the 25 LOA aircraft.

BTW: Anyone remember how many CRJ and EMB170s USAIR recieved financing for WHILE THEY WERE IN CHAPTER 11? You can finance anything, you just may not get the terms you want.

I don't think that is correct.

Last edited:
Another possible scenario to this is comair needs x number of 70 seat aircraft to meet LOA. Seeing Comair and ASA are wholly owned by delta what would stop them from transfering assets from one wholly owned to the other?

General Lee said:
How about USAir and the A350s? And what about Air Canada? They were hours away from total liquidation. And what eventually happened? Air Canada got financing after their bankruptcy. What was it for? 35 777s and 20 787s? Why did the deal go away? The old Air Canada guys wanted fences for the old CP Air pilots. You can surely get financing, even in Chap 11. Don't call me Shirley.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There is a big difference for creditors who enter an agreement after bankruptcy, as opposed to before bankruptcy. Agreements made before bk are subject to being renegotiated in bk (and not to the creditors favor). Once the agreement is made (and agreed to by the judge) after bk, there are many more built-in protections for the creditors.

Operating 25 70-seater aircraft in a multi-year fee per departure environment guarantees enough revenue to pay off the creditors (it would have to since that's a large portion of what sets the fpd fee). Other than Southwest, there'd be no safer place to lend money to...unless, that is the parent airline is near bankruptcy. Eureka!

Just another reason this bankruptcy law needs a major overhaul!

By the way, did anyone else hear that United was granted another extension on their restructuring plan? [rant]How can you expect other airlines to stay out of bankruptcy when you protect so many to operate below cost for over three years![/rant]

kc81900 said:
Another possible scenario to this is comair needs x number of 70 seat aircraft to meet LOA. Seeing Comair and ASA are wholly owned by delta what would stop them from transfering assets from one wholly owned to the other?
Nothing, it is happening already. Expect the pace to pick up as ASA approaches self help.

Amazing that these "NOT operationally integrated airlines" can transfer airplanes back and forth. I know Duane Woerth likes Continental scabs. Delta, ASA, Comair reminds me more of Continental, Eastern and Trans Texas ( Texas International ) every day. But this time, the union is not even emitting a wimper.

Justice will be when this is ended by a bankruptcy Judge.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Nothing, it is happening already. Expect the pace to pick up as ASA approaches self help.

Amazing that these "NOT operationally integrated airlines" can transfer airplanes back and forth. I know Duane Woerth likes Continental scabs. Delta, ASA, Comair reminds me more of Continental, Eastern and Trans Texas ( Texas International ) every day. But this time, the union is not even emitting a wimper.
~~~^~~~

Very applicable analogy.

scary.

Latest resources

Back