Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

Traumahawk

Forgive me if I'm misinformed...and this isn't meant to start a war...

But I was just wondering, and this seemed to have fallen by the wayside as to what has come of this situation.

So, Fred asked for a pay freeze that saved an amount that probably couldn't buy A 170. Ok fine.

"I see 170's in our future" - FB

Then there was a 170 on the property for you guys to climb all over...things actually seemed to be going according to plan.

Flash forward. You have gotten some used 50's and theres talk now of yes, 70 seat aircraft, but they might just be Dash 8's?? WTF Over?!

No offense to the new Dash, nice avionics and fuel effeciency..yea yea. But, you can't seriously tell me that this was the plan here. What exactly happened??

From a neutral standpoint it smells like Bullsh!t. They gave the ComAir pilots boners(and hard nipples, ladies) for new planes, made the Canadians sh!t their pants with a superior product from the jungle on your property, and in hindsight you guys have given up potential cash and are icing blue-balls wondering if it was all worth it.

ASA got planes without taking a freeze OR consessions. Was this smoke and mirrors to get the Canadians to sell even cheaper??

Bluntly, were you guys Duped or not?

Last edited:
We will see

Personally I think they will comply with the LOA and we will get something. I never thought it was going to be the E-170. Possibly the new 705 or regular 700 series aircract from Bombardier. I had not heard anything about Dash 8's I had heard about the Q400. We get our money back if they don't come through which again I think they will. Who knows what will happen next.

The 70-seater talk stopped when Grinstein mentioned bankruptcy. All finaciers have since backed away from any Delta asset, and who can blame them.

The Q-400's were mentioned by Fred the first week he was here. They are not part of the 25 70-seaters. If Q-400's show up, there will still be 25 70-seat jets or the LOA will snap back next December.

Fred's "dream" is to operate Q-400's on a pro-rate basis (as opposed to fee for departure) in some lucrative markets where t-props are still profitable. It should be made absolutely clear that any Q-400's are completely independent of the LOA.

standaman said:
I had not heard anything about Dash 8's I had heard about the Q400. We get our money back if they don't come through which again I think they will. Who knows what will happen next.

Oh the Q400. Isn't that like umm... a big dash.

bvt1151 said:
The 70-seater talk stopped when Grinstein mentioned bankruptcy. All finaciers have since backed away from any Delta asset, and who can blame them.

The Q-400's were mentioned by Fred the first week he was here. They are not part of the 25 70-seaters. If Q-400's show up, there will still be 25 70-seat jets or the LOA will snap back next December.

It should be made absolutely clear that any Q-400's are completely independent of the LOA.

From another thread....

Whitestoneclimb said:
Actually, nowhere in the LOA does it say we'll get the CL-700/705. It just says aircraft certificated for 70 seats with no mention of the type of powerplant. There are pay rates for the CL-700 and the EMB-170 though. However, this could mean theDash 8 Q400 instead. This aircraft would meet the requirements of the LOA.

:confused:

P.S. He said Dash 8 Q400

Last edited:
Capt.PoopyPants said:
Oh the Q400. Isn't that like umm... a big dash.

Hey what can I say it is late and I had a brain fart. My understanding is the LOA just has to be 70 seat aircraft it does not have to be a jet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back