• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cleaning cabins on jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is a Guppy, and why do you want to kill it??

a couple comments...

first of all, I can't believe how many people are taking guppykiller's bait. the guy is obviously a troll, and has to be grinning with satisfaction with every heated reply. Just ignore the guy. everybody responding is far too gullible and is giving the guy exactly what he wants.

Secondly, the one and only time I jumpseated on JetBlue, I had an experience similar to Jim's. I was jumpseating from BOS-DEN, and I was told by no less than 4 different people that I would have to help clean the cabin when we got to DEN. I was told by the ticket counter agent outside of security, the gate agent, the captain, and the lead FA. I have always helped out on my own cleaning up my area, and I didn't have a problem helping.....I just had a problem with everybody telling me I had to. Aside from that, everybody was very gracious and courteous. It was a little weird though. When we got to DEN, I started cleaning up, and waited until everybody was off the plane to get off. I went up to the blue-glove-wearing captain to thank him for the ride. he was still cleaning, and I think I pissed him off that I wanted to leave before the ENTIRE plane was cleaned. he said something like, 'well, I guess you're excused now.'

The whole experience was so cult-like, that I have since stopped updating my resume with them. I'm grateful for the ride, and it wasn't an unpleasant experience as much as it was a bizzare one.

Last edited:
Man, Lurker, you must have hit the jackpot with every geek at the airline. I commute every week and I've never seen that happen to anyone. Hopefully now the word will filter out that what you experienced is NOT acceptable.

And I thought

And I thought it was just a few 'senior mamas' from FLL that did this!! I'm really amazed [and dismayed] that the gate agent and pilot were in on it!!

I 'sort of' understand why a FA may take this position, they can't ride on most other airlines like any FA or pilot can on ours. They have to pay for and use ID90's to travel. But that doesn't make it right, they don't make the jumpseat agreements.

What happend to you was totally WRONG!!

I appologize for everyone who created your 'experience' please don't hold it against us, it has been handled. It is now part of most if not all pilots briefing to the FA's

B6Guy

You might pass on to your flight attendants that, if they're traveling around the northeast, CommutAir allows flight attendants to jumpseat in the cabin. No ID90 needed; any free seat is open to pilots and FAs alike. And no, we don't expect jumpseaters to help clean up unless they're our own pilots. :D

Here's where we go; schedules available at Continental's web site.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Blue Dude said:
Man, Lurker, you must have hit the jackpot with every geek at the airline. I commute every week and I've never seen that happen to anyone. Hopefully now the word will filter out that what you experienced is NOT acceptable.

Yeah, like someone alluded to previously, I think this was a 1-2% of the company geek factor. I'm just lucky I guess.

I'm not really mad or anything. I just thought it was interesting. It's still a free ride, and it's the captain's prerogative.

And this was almost a year ago, so it sounds like things have changed since.

Thanks for the apology B6 guy, but I'm not sure it's neccessary. Like I said, I'm not pissed off or anything...It just seemed a little cult-like, but I probably just found a couple weirdos. Lord knows we have our share at my company.

This is a really dumb place to submit this for discussion. The problem will be addressed. Doing it here neither helps the situation, nor does it look very professional. This is where the whiny MF'ers come to complain about the lousy Captain or FO they flew with last week. Don't be one of them.

roadrunnerblue said:
We have finally made name for ourselves in the industry by our flight attendants harassing off line jump seaters about cleaning the cabin after landing. Personally I have seen this happen myself. Has anybody had any problems either yourselves or your off line jumpp seaters?

From now on anyone that has this problem report it to your jumpseat comittee. I've been briefing the fa's that under NO circumstance is anyone from another airline to help clean. Anyone that jumpseats on my airplane will be welcomed and asked to gather their things, go home or to work, and come back and see us when they need a ride again.

lurker said:
a couple comments...
Secondly, the one and only time I jumpseated on JetBlue, I had an experience similar to Jim's. I was jumpseating from BOS-DEN, and I was told by no less than 4 different people that I would have to help clean the cabin when we got to DEN. I was told by the ticket counter agent outside of security, the gate agent, the captain, and the lead FA. I have always helped out on my own cleaning up my area, and I didn't have a problem helping.....I just had a problem with everybody telling me I had to. Aside from that, everybody was very gracious and courteous. It was a little weird though. When we got to DEN, I started cleaning up, and waited until everybody was off the plane to get off. I went up to the blue-glove-wearing captain to thank him for the ride. he was still cleaning, and I think I pissed him off that I wanted to leave before the ENTIRE plane was cleaned. he said something like, 'well, I guess you're excused now.'

The whole experience was so cult-like, that I have since stopped updating my resume with them. I'm grateful for the ride, and it wasn't an unpleasant experience as much as it was a bizzare one.

I'd like to add my apology, also. As someone else said, you hit the perfect-storm of geeks!
Try us again. You'll be welcomed, denied the "fun" of cleaning, and you'll find that the larger we get, the less "cult-like" we become.

E170Guppykiller said:
Quit your bitching. $123/hr was/is not sustainable and you know it!!! This is the new reality and the 170/190 is the new future of domestic flying. I'll be upgrading soon and I'll welcome you to my right seat in the 170 anytime. Try it you'll actually like it here.

Dude, you crack me up. I know your full of it so I actually get a pretty good laugh. You should look for some other avenue for your up hostility though. Seriously.....

Latest resources

Back