• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Classy GoJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a cab and expense it. Had it happen, done it and it will happen again I'm sure.

Better yet take a cab and have the hotel pay for it. In your calmest voice ask the person behind the desk to pay for the cab for inconveniencing you...more times than not they will. If that doesn't work tell them, again in your calmest possible voice, "I didn't really want to get my company involved because it's more paperwork for me, but if you don't pay for it they will, so don't worry about it..." At this point they will pay for it. It's worked every time for me.

An Americain Airlines crew did that to us in AUS. So we waited for the van to comeback, to which it did. Funny part of the story was that when we got to the hotel there was the AA crew waiting in the lobby and the Captain was P.O'ed. Ended up that the AA crew got on the wrong van in their haste.

HAHAHAHA....that Captain can go F... himself.

I do try and wait for the incoming crew if I know....but to be honest, that is only true if it is not a high speed.

A few years back I had a Eagle crew pull the same thing except in reverse. It was Christmas Day and we were half way to the hotel (20 mins one way hotel to airport) and the van turned around. Oh crap. Now when we got back to the airport, the crew wasn't even in sight. We waited another 30+ mins. for the crew to finally show up. (Of course the crew was indignat even after we told them we had waited for quite sometime.) They took so long that by the time we arrived at the hotel the resturant had shut down for the evening (6pm) because of the holiday. Of course all but one place was shut down and they were offering a $45 crappy buffet. That was kinda hard to stomach on commutter wages back in '97.

How about the Gojet crew that waited 20 minutes for the Pinnacle crew in ORF the other day? I know because I was in that crew and we waited for the Pinnacle crew that landed right behind us.

On the flip side...

Had a Piedmont crew wait 10 minutes for us (AWAC) in HPN one night...and their generosity toward us caused them to miss the bar at the Wellesley as they closed literally minutes before our check-in due to lack of business.

I always appreciated that gesture, and tried to wait for other crews I KNEW were coming in every time after that.

How about the Gojet crew that waited 20 minutes for the Pinnacle crew in ORF the other day? I know because I was in that crew and we waited for the Pinnacle crew that landed right behind us.
I thought Peenuckel had a clause in their contract that did not require them to ride in a van with chitheads?
PBR

How do you know that GJ pilots threw a fit, and it's usually the FAs not the pilots that usually get anal about van rides.

That's funny, I heard that it was the GoJet PILOTS that get anal. And by "get anal" I mean receive anal.

Latest resources

Back