• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clarification of airline codes for us ignorant types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just love busting out the AX code and confusing everyone.

Read what Jim said.

As for you being lost...well, that's obvious. :laugh: I care not to explain again, don't need no smokin' heads.

Enjoy, have a beer. :beer:
Whatever. Jim put a good response. You've just not made sense from the start.

Whatever. Jim put a good response. You've just not made sense from the start.

Forget it, you are hopeless. :p

Jim basically said exactly what I said, minus the reservation part (hadn't come up yet). Im not sure you will be able to comprehend that, but it is.

Pompous aren't you? Like playing Trivial Pursuit?

I've flown at airlines for over 12 years. I don't know all these codes and I don't care about these codes. I know my airline's code so I can give it to gate agents when jump seating. Knowing any more is just trivia.

I agree with AA73. Just use AA, SWA, DAL, HAL, AWA USAir, etc. It's easier and those of us who don't care about wearing a secret decoder ring to prove we're "in the industry" can usnderstand who is being ragged on today.

BTW, I've never been taught to use a reservation system either - not my job as a pilot.
Sorry if it comes off as pompous. But it's those at majors that know nothing of regionals, that bad mouth them (regionals) the most. Most have military time in their signatures. Before you state how bad regionals are, or unsafe, or leading to the demise of the industry, it would help if you actually knew something about them. It's these oblivious individuals that do, and have done the most damage in this industry.

Rant over... Sorry if the above does not define you.

Who the heck is CP???
Compass.

Atlantic Coast Airlines certificate morphed into Independance, purchased by NWA in bankruptcy and by means of a mainline concession (SJet agreement) allowed to be turned into Compass. Now sold down the river to TranStates Holdings.

Thanks CptOver... I was being sarcastic in response to the poster.

p.s. I am former ACA (read: DH!!) Just kinda lost touch with all the new regionals out there, and who's buying who, etc.

Thanks CptOver... I was being sarcastic in response to the poster.

p.s. I am former ACA (read: DH!!) Just kinda lost touch with all the new regionals out there, and who's buying who, etc.

Same here. 328CVG, what a great regional that was.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back