• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CKN Taco selected for Continental Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since SKYW/ASA lost the bid on that one, can't wait to see what ASA's next proposal at the negotiating table will be. Man they are going to THINK they have one big juicy carrot to dangle out in front of the pilot group now.

"We are discouraged to report that SKYW/ASA was not awarded the COEX contract because of current contract rates for our pilot group. Another competitor with a more 'cost effective, competitive pricing structure' was given the award. We hope our continuing negotiations with the pilot group will yield a brighter future for blah blah blah......"

Watch XJet get a deal with one of the current CHQ operators...say Delta...The Paint swappin continues.

PGTB said:
Watch XJet get a deal with one of the current CHQ operators...say Delta...The Paint swappin continues.

That wouldn't be a surprise....they fly for them all for christ sake!

PGTB said:
THat was out of no where
The fact that CAL and XJet didn't work it out is out of no where or the fact that it was Chq?

If it was the fact that it's Chq, I agree.

If it was the fact that CAL was serious about pulling the planes and going with a cheaper operator, pull you head out of the sand. Every other legacy has been doing this for years. I don't know what took CAL so long to use this trick out of the playbook.

Sucks.

If, and only if, CAL's management goes back for round two on concessions and scope is one of the issues, this could suck big time. Chq already has 70 seat aircraft in place, albeit under the Shuttle America and Republic name. This could get ugly.

Last edited:
7 pages..76 uses of the word "bottemfeeder" , 58 uses of the word "whores", 3 members sent to the penalty box, 1 member banned permanently.

Preferential interviews for furloughed xjt guys?:erm: :smash:

FWIW Mcpickle, I never bought the old "CHQ is not interested in any more 50 seat flying. " either.

Last edited:
dojetdriver said:
When was the current CPA negotiated?

Durring the IPO between 2001-2002. It was put on hold for awhile after 9/11. We retained the exclusive provider. Cal couldn't do anything with our flying.

What I'm wondering is where CHQ is going to find XR's to do the flying. Don't you guys have a lot of EP/ER models as well?

Latest resources

Back