• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Civilian perspective on USN carrier ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot the part about them being over Chinese soil too.

In light of all of this talk about "MiG" killin', considering pilotyip (who last flew in the Navy when sideburns AND marijuana were legal) thinks the EP-3 actually killed a MiG, maybe we should pay tribute to the celebrated and now State Treasurer MiG Killer of Indiana/Nebraska/InsertBoringMidwesternStateHere Treasurer ....... Shane Osborne.

I'd like to thank Absolut and Grey Goose for the humor in this post, if any.

Hi!

PilotYIP flew in the NAVY????

I didn't realize he was so young.

I thought he flew in the Army Air Corps!

cliff
YIP

I actually have a round about connection to the EP-3 incident. The CAL Pac Chief Pilot who picked up the crew in China was a an Ex Navy P-3 pilot who I trained to fly the P-A/B in my reserve squadron in Detoit back in 80. BTW The Mig thing came from one of those internet things going around right after the incident, the top 10 reasons it was better to be a P-3 pilot than a pilot in CVW-14.

C-2 Greyhound

COD = "Curling the hair of Dumb reporters" I love it! (actually true)

Many boat guys make fun of COD guys.. but it still is one of the ... if not.. the hardest planes to land on the boat.

SW

I actually have a round about connection to the EP-3 incident. The CAL Pac Chief Pilot who picked up the crew in China was a an Ex Navy P-3 pilot who I trained to fly the P-A/B in my reserve squadron in Detoit back in 80. BTW The Mig thing came from one of those internet things going around right after the incident, the top 10 reasons it was better to be a P-3 pilot than a pilot in CVW-14.

If only you know what you think you know.

In light of all of this talk about "MiG" killin', considering pilotyip (who last flew in the Navy when sideburns AND marijuana were legal) thinks the EP-3 actually killed a MiG, maybe we should pay tribute to the celebrated and now State Treasurer MiG Killer of Indiana/Nebraska/InsertBoringMidwesternStateHere Treasurer ....... Shane Osborne.

I'd like to thank Absolut and Grey Goose for the humor in this post, if any.

Ohhhh... you went there.

Not the C-1 COD

COD = "Curling the hair of Dumb reporters" I love it! (actually true)

Many boat guys make fun of COD guys.. but it still is one of the ... if not.. the hardest planes to land on the boat.

SW
In fact we had call ahead to the ship to slow down so we could catch it. Had to Delta on the starborad side in a pattern with the helo, recover while the ship was starting turn

Last edited:
its OK

If only you know what you think you know.
Actually think it is one of those aviation is a very small world things and you don't have to go very far before you run accross someone who knows someone you know

Latest resources

Back