• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
McGillicutty said
With any luck, he'll close Cannon AFB

:laugh: :beer: :laugh:

How so? Does he also hate the AF? I hope he does win and I'm sure his Naval career will help him do that. How that translates into a rough ride for the AF, I have no idea.

I was referring to Sen. McCain's role in the AF tanker lease scandal. I don't think there is any love lost in either direction between McCain and senior AF guys.

Plus, I figure that Pres. McCain will follow Sec. Gates lead and continue to hammer the AF about being too slow in providing UAV support for our guys on the ground in Iraq and Afganistan.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the C-130 and A-10 communities. It is the fighter pilot pukes who make the decisions that short change support for our guys on the ground who are fighting the war.

Exactly

My thoughts exactly. You can not hide who you are when you fly off a boat. Every landing is graded and reviewed by your peers, you sit down in a room and hear where you ranked for that cycle. You can't pretend. BTW McCain was not a fighter pilot, he worked for living in the Attack community

Last edited:
What you can learn about America on the deck of the USS 'Theodore Roosevelt.

If McCain's Naval Aviation experience helps him win the election, the AF is in for a rough ride for the next 4 years.

It won't be his naval experience that helps him win, it will be the democrats.

Great article. Another good read is Flyboys by James Bradley. Bush Sr. was 20 years old when he was flying torpedo bombers off carriers in the Pacific. 20 years old. At that age, I thought landing a 172 in a 15 knot crosswind was challenging.

Great article. Another good read is Flyboys by James Bradley. Bush Sr. was 20 years old when he was flying torpedo bombers off carriers in the Pacific. 20 years old. At that age, I thought landing a 172 in a 15 knot crosswind was challenging.

Great read.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the C-130 and A-10 communities. It is the fighter pilot pukes who make the decisions that short change support for our guys on the ground who are fighting the war.

The Air Force calls A-10s "fighters" btw.

You must be talking about F-15C drivers. Not sure there are any pure "fighter pilots" left. I personally flew a F/A-14. F/A -- that's where the money is.

Quite an indictment and gross generalization, though, don't ya think?

The Air Force calls A-10s "fighters" btw.

You must be talking about F-15C drivers. Not sure there are any pure "fighter pilots" left. I personally flew a F/A-14. F/A -- that's where the money is.

Quite an indictment and gross generalization, though, don't ya think?

Not at all.

Latest resources

Back