Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CS update

Good luck with your decision!

Again, I think CS is making an extra effort to make this a first choice for pilots looking for a promising career in fractional industry.

Seems that as the company evolves, some things are changing to meet the increasing demand. One of them might be the schedule.

The 7 and 7 schedule is changing to 8 and 6. Also, one week vacation per year is offered to new hires.

Oh yea, and the Chief Pilot departed the company...for greener pastures. The guy taking over is a real top notch ex-airline guy who knows his stuff.

:)

Last edited:
Why is CS changing it's schedule from a 7/7 to an 8/6? Are the pilots in an uproar?

Also what did newhires get for vactation the first year, if they are now just getting a week of vacation a year.

Is the fact the chief pilot left a concern for the pilots? Why didn't they chose someone from a fractional industry, or corporate background?

Thanks for answering the questions i'm always interested in knowing whats going on within the industry.

Gumby-

Haven't heard from you in a while.

It's a shame what happened to avolar, i hope your able to find some other work.

I saw their falcon 50's in pwk the other day. Kinda of an odd paintjob i understand it was the first paintjob that united had.

Drop us a note and let us know what's hapening.

Whut up..

Thanks for the thoughts..It was a pretty sad end for sure. To bad UAL and the unions couldnt get their acts together. Oh well, it was only another 150 million in UAL dollars, thrown down the dumper. Not much for them, in the whole scheme of things. I've got a few things going on, hoping for EJA or C/S.

I think whomever told "diesel" about the paint job on the Avolar 50's was "old UAL" must have just put down the " crackpipe"!!! That scheme is of course from Alcoa, the company that the 50's are still leased from.

They must really like that paint job, cause they put it on the new GIV's they purchased. Peace out to all...

CS

No, Dan Smith is still there...

What is the problem with having a CHief Pilot who is ex-airline? I dont see a need to have someone with Fractional background, after all, what is a Fractional but a glorified part 91 flight department. This is true as of this date and time, but as we all know part 91K is just around the corner. Soon, we will all be operating very very close to airline requirements with regard to regs....

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion of 91K and the ramifications therewith.

As far as the schedule goes, 7 and 7 or 8 and 6...its all the same. There are so many times when you would go the extra day anyway and get paid overtime...i would rather take the pay up front....wouldnt you?

:)

Quote, "As far as the schedule goes, 7 and 7 or 8 and 6...its all the same. There are so many times when you would go the extra day anyway and get paid overtime...i would rather take the pay up front....wouldn't you?"

I must have misunderstood something there in your last post. How is a 7 on, 7 off the same as the 8 on, 6 off schedule? I see it as having to work one more day and having one less day off. Run that one by me one more time, I must be slow...

Latest resources

Back