• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares laying off another 40 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... Perhaps there are other ideas that people can present out there. NJA will be presenting their NJASAP/Management ideas on Monday. CS has followed their lead in the past so hopefully they will again.

I have heard of people working less days to help their fellow workers out or keep them from getting laid off. That is an awesome thing to do! What a great show of concern and camaraderie. Kudos to those helping out!

I understand the concept of excess capacity, but its also of note that places like CS have on contract, it is "at will" so those laid off have NO gaurantees that they will be called back to work from the "furlough'. ... This is an area that CS really needs to follow the NJ lead and do the right/fair thing.

All the suggestions are greatly appreciated, it is my hope that management and pilots could get together like this and work a team, rather an against each other for the good of their employees and the company.

I fully endorse the teamwork concept. It does work as NJ pilots/families have seen, and are soon to witness again. I would love to see the other fracs embrace the idea of working together as fairness is best for everyone. My sympathy to all furloughed pilots and their families and my shared concern for those at risk.

Best Wishes!
Netjetwife

It's funny watching the entitlement crowd get their boxers in a bunch when someone other then over 60 dare question the right they believe is theirs because they are still alive.

This crowd created the mess they are in (and one we have been left with) and now they say get the H-ll out of our way we need more of what we had!!! How dare you want to pay your bills and raise your family until we are ready for you too! You'll get your chance it's seniority....we've earned this right! Problem is when it was their turn they changed the rules because.....after all they deserved it!

As for anonymity I would and do have these discussions with many folks, Just because you are older then I it does not mean that I cannot disagree with you just because you don't like what I am saying. Stick to your guns, have some good points, don't resort to name calling, and perhaps you will let me see some points I did not consider!

Another village is missing it's idiot and another laptop has gone missing.
I am more than twenty years from retirement.
What you have posted IMO is venom.
You appear to be consumed with envy.
Maybe, you don't realize you've entered a sector of aviation where the rules are different.
Sort of like moving near an airport then complaining about the noise.
IMO, you hide behind your anonymity to spew your anger at the situation (mess) you're in.

Another village is missing it's idiot and another laptop has gone missing.
I am more than twenty years from retirement.
What you have posted IMO is venom.
You appear to be consumed with envy.
Maybe, you don't realize you've entered a sector of aviation where the rules are different.
Sort of like moving near an airport then complaining about the noise.
IMO, you hide behind your anonymity to spew your anger at the situation (mess) you're in.

I invited a dialog without the name calling, alas It was too much to ask and expect. You unfortunately are too caught up with emotion to have any meaningful dialog. All I did was give you my real life experience followed by an opinion of watching and being in this industry for 20 years, I too am 20 years from retirement (the new one)

the rules you state I had/Have no issue with until that is the entitlement crowd got greedy and changed them with no regard to the folks following along behind. You like I have been messed with by the system probably in differing ways.

I am sorry (for you and too you) that you feel saying what I feel and believe is "venom" perhaps you should take this emotion and anger and try very hard to allow me to see a differing perspective. Perhaps my view is clouded due to hearing and seeing to many first hand experiences with the entitlement crowd in aviation. Or perhaps as others have said here their is a real life issue with what is transpiring in the aviation community?

In the "real world" you either perform or you move on either by your own or with assistance. In this world (aviation) you are OK with being protected and if you have "seniority" being and doing what you want is supposed to be acceptable because you have earned it.....sorry in my world you only earn what you earn at the moment not what you were or did 10-20-30 years ago.

When I got into aviation I saw a lot more giving back....now I see a lot more taking back! Heck who knows maybe my generation will be as bad.......God I hope not!

I'll rephrase it for you Mr. Jetblue, since you're right. It is a bad time for ME to be a pilot, since I will most likely be out of a job here shortly, because of the dumb choice I made leaving a regional for a "secure" fractional job. I'm sure no Southwest captain is boohooing about it being a bad time to be a pilot. I stand corrected.

If things "imporve" in the next few weeks???? Please.......

I would be careful about saying you made a dumb choice leaving a regional for a "secure" job. It was secure choice ahead of you when you left...and it was a forward movement in your eyes. That is not dumb at all.
There is not one of us that can "predict" the future....there are just the 20/20 hind sight flamebaits. There will be movement in the positive direction in the future from the fractionals to the majors....unless someone will be able to stop a person turning 65 at the Majors.

I invited a dialog without the name calling, alas It was too much to ask and expect. You unfortunately are too caught up with emotion to have any meaningful dialog. All I did was give you my real life experience followed by an opinion of watching and being in this industry for 20 years, I too am 20 years from retirement (the new one)

the rules you state I had/Have no issue with until that is the entitlement crowd got greedy and changed them with no regard to the folks following along behind. You like I have been messed with by the system probably in differing ways.

I am sorry (for you and too you) that you feel saying what I feel and believe is "venom" perhaps you should take this emotion and anger and try very hard to allow me to see a differing perspective. Perhaps my view is clouded due to hearing and seeing to many first hand experiences with the entitlement crowd in aviation. Or perhaps as others have said here their is a real life issue with what is transpiring in the aviation community?

In the "real world" you either perform or you move on either by your own or with assistance. In this world (aviation) you are OK with being protected and if you have "seniority" being and doing what you want is supposed to be acceptable because you have earned it.....sorry in my world you only earn what you earn at the moment not what you were or did 10-20-30 years ago.

When I got into aviation I saw a lot more giving back....now I see a lot more taking back! Heck who knows maybe my generation will be as bad.......God I hope not!

Not emotional at all.
I can spot someone who wants a free ride off of the backs of others.
You make up your ethics and morality as you go, justifying your posts.
I'm not mad or angry you, I pity you.
BTW, if what you say is just a different perspective, try spewing that venom while at work in front of witnesses, I'll bet your career will take a dramatic turn.

Last edited:
how can you sit there and call someone else the entitlement crowd when you yourself sit there and say "get out the way so i can get mine"

Latest resources

Back