• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He isn't saying he is going to half-ass his preflights. He is being serious- he will find every last required placard and paint chip and whatever else he can find that can delay or stop a flight. He will be doing his walk around with a magnifying glass looking for ANYTHING that is not 100 percent up to FAA standards. Now if everyone there does this, there will be incredible pressure on management to do the right thing since the costs to recover will go through the roof. The problem is there probably aren't enough pilots there yet who are fed up enough to put the pressure on and force management to do the right thing for the pilots. Good luck.

Problem at CA is that "he" HAS TO REPORT THESE TO THE "CAPT" AND THE CAPT THEN WILL DECIDE IF A WRIT-UP IS DONE.....THESE SAME CAPT THAT DID NOT GET THE PAY CUT....DAMN SORRY "REDUCTION IN RAISE" so how far will it go? Probably not past his ears since the other shoe is ready to kick up the capt's butt for being seen by the home office as one of "those problem caps that writes everything up" Nope not many of those guys here any longer....hence why the ones left wont do it!

Good thought though!

Capt------2009----------2010----------2011
15-----$142,122-----$126,346-----$125,119
14-----$135,355-----$126,346-----$125,119
13-----$131,214-----$126,346-----$125,119
12-----$127,585-----$126,346-----$125,119
11-----$123,869-----$122,666-----$119,161
10-----$120,261-----$116,825-----$115,691
9------$114,534-----$113,422-----$112,321
8------$111,198-----$110,119-----$109,050
7------$107,960-----$106,911-----$105,873
6------$104,815-----$103,797-----$100,832
5------$101,762------$98,855------$96,030
4-------$96,916------$94,147------$91,457
3-------$92,301------$89,664------$87,102
2-------$87,906------$85,394------$84,565
1-------$83,720------$82,907------$82,102

Holy shiit. Please Unionize before someone in NJA management compares us to your pay scale.

I am a furloughed CA FO. I would not vote in a union.

Life there was not bad and from what I read here, still is not bad. You guys are spoiled, plain and simple. People are struggling to make their bills and you are whining about pay cuts in a recession unlike this country has EVER seen. Here is an idea, how about pulling your collective, union loving heads out of your asses and breathing? You all sound hypoxic.

IF the company is funneling money out of CA ops to help Cessna, well that is how business works, so what. Cessna owns CA. They have to stay afloat to keep us afloat. Nobody sounds like they are prospering....yet.

I am starting to believe the pro union people are some of the laziest/dumbest Americans in our country.

I am with Bogey. I always hated flying with the pro union types at CA. They were whiney, little bitches.....plain and simple. Let them miss a crew meal, have to get up early for a day that was only a 3 legger and ended by noon, had to work a day of overtime, ect., and you would hear it for the rest of the day.

Spoiled little bitches!!!! Come join the unemployed. THAT is where you belong.

I am a furloughed CA FO. I would not vote in a union.

Life there was not bad and from what I read here, still is not bad. You guys are spoiled, plain and simple. People are struggling to make their bills and you are whining about pay cuts in a recession unlike this country has EVER seen. Here is an idea, how about pulling your collective, union loving heads out of your asses and breathing? You all sound hypoxic.

IF the company is funneling money out of CA ops to help Cessna, well that is how business works, so what. Cessna owns CA. They have to stay afloat to keep us afloat. Nobody sounds like they are prospering....yet.

I am starting to believe the pro union people are some of the laziest/dumbest Americans in our country.

I am with Bogey. I always hated flying with the pro union types at CA. They were whiney, little bitches.....plain and simple. Let them miss a crew meal, have to get up early for a day that was only a 3 legger and ended by noon, had to work a day of overtime, ect., and you would hear it for the rest of the day.

Spoiled little bitches!!!! Come join the unemployed. THAT is where you belong.

Well if your on Bogeys side I hope we never recall your ass. You obviously didn't get to spend enough time at CA to see the other side of the story. That is Forced OT 16 tours out of 22 in one year, 10 hours min rest all tour long, not enough time to even eat between legs, 2 pay cuts in 2 years, 401K cut in half, disability insurance cut, health insurance cut, and 3 non legit firings currently in litigation, need I go on.

Its pansy ass appeasers such as yourself that have allowed overbearing managers to get away with this crap for to long. For our sakes I hope that hiring picks up so you can take your uninformed self elsewhere, don't need ya buddy...

F&*K Bogey .......he has no clue....go work at home depot when furloughed.....you are one of those go fly for food guys...bringing this industry down

He isn't saying he is going to half-ass his preflights. He is being serious- he will find every last required placard and paint chip and whatever else he can find that can delay or stop a flight. He will be doing his walk around with a magnifying glass looking for ANYTHING that is not 100 percent up to FAA standards. Now if everyone there does this, there will be incredible pressure on management to do the right thing since the costs to recover will go through the roof. The problem is there probably aren't enough pilots there yet who are fed up enough to put the pressure on and force management to do the right thing for the pilots. Good luck.

I submit that his actions will probably put the pressure on management to shut down the company. You union people are CLUELESS. We are in a deep recession, guys and gals. Wanna job? Suck it up or give the job to someone else who wants to feed his family. With all due respect.

Well if your on Bogeys side I hope we never recall your ass. You obviously didn't get to spend enough time at CA to see the other side of the story. That is Forced OT 16 tours out of 22 in one year, 10 hours min rest all tour long, not enough time to even eat between legs, 2 pay cuts in 2 years, 401K cut in half, disability insurance cut, health insurance cut, and 3 non legit firings currently in litigation, need I go on.

Its pansy ass appeasers such as yourself that have allowed overbearing managers to get away with this crap for to long. For our sakes I hope that hiring picks up so you can take your uninformed self elsewhere, don't need ya buddy...

Can you elaborate a little more about your feelings on this matter?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back