• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you need to read the regulations there b....

The CAPTAIN has the final authority......blah blah.

So, when I say something isnt working, I just determined if it was airworthy or not. And that comes from the regulations. I didnt write them, I just do what they say. And if mx says "unable to duplicate"? that means they didnt fix what was broken....and it needs written up AGAIN until the item is repaired. If its broken then its broken....It dont matter what the mechanic writes, he can say its airworthy all day long but it dont mean the airplane will fly. The pilot determines if its airworthy. I know that cuts into your profit but that isnt our department. Maybe you should take a pay cut or something to make it work.

Most of the time spent by the flight crew is making sure management isnt trying to skirt the regs to get a revenue trip done.

You have a lot to learn about the operational side of aviation. You have the management side down real good.....safety is your number one concern, as long as it dont cost anything..

you're a very unsafe manager. I hope you retire or get arrested before you kill a lot of people.

Last edited:
Pilots are NOT qualifed to detirmine if an airplane is broken or not.

Let me help you there, Broke:
§ 91.7 Civil aircraft airworthiness.
(a) No person may operate a civil aircraft unless it is in an airworthy condition.
(b) The pilot in command of a civil aircraft is responsible for determining whether that aircraft is in condition for safe flight. The pilot in command shall discontinue the flight when unairworthy mechanical, electrical, or structural conditions occur.

If a pilot is not qualified to determine if an airplane is broken or not, then how do we comply with the above regulation?

Sorry B. It is obvious to all who are reading your posts that you're grasping at straws and missing miserably.

Hehe...

B19, this is why I asked you to keep posting.

What's next? I can't WAIT!!!!

I just get the warm and fuzzy's knowing that we possibly have 2 insane people in 1 thread. When will rcr5 jump back in his little battle he started? Is he going to back up his smack considering he may have just been called back?

When you see that little "could not duplicate" written and signed off by the mechanic in the logbook?

That means the pilot was wrong, the airplane wasn't broken, and he just wasted a whole lot of time.

Over the years, B19, I have agreed with you on some stuff. Even against the majority here. But this is just flat wrong. Things happen in the air that cannot be duplicated on the ground. When mechanics ignore this reality, they waste time, not us. And frequently, faults are intermittent. But you must know all this. So what the hell?

No, they don't. Pilots only get to detirmine if there is something that they THINK may be not work as advertised.

When you see that little "could not duplicate" written and signed off by the mechanic in the logbook?

That means the pilot was wrong, the airplane wasn't broken, and he just wasted a whole lot of time.

Your post about integrity and character is dead-on accurate. I really hope you were joking with the above post, though. If not, you have no business being anywhere near an airplane.

Just write "Uncommanded in Flight" along with your write up. It can't be cleared as could not duplicate with out a test flight

Hey B19,

Really would like to "detirmine" what is wrong with you too?

First though, I'll leave it to you to figure out what is wrong with the word in quotes, you pompous lickspitle.
  • Here's a teeny hint: Suggest exploring what that little "ABC with a check mark under it" icon in the upper right hand corner of the posting screen can do for ya.
The best part about your tone and expressed inanities in your posts is that you are outing yourself every time as a failed line pilot who now is desperately trying to overcompensate as a little mid level management tyrant wanna-be.

"Cannot duplicate" is proof that the pilot was wrong and therefore is not qualified to make an airworthyness determination."

That has got to be one of the 10 dumbest things I have read on any aviation related board ever.

I really feel for those of you who have to deal with this lost soul on a professional basis.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back