• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He may have gotten carried away a bit, but some of his points are valid.

He simply didn't realized that he had entered the Twilght Zone and once he did, all hope was lost and the nightmare began.

It happens here all the time.

You see a lot of crazy stuff posted on FI but this guy is really out there, borderline disturbed. I would caution him that (if he is indeeed a furloughed CA pilot) it is not to difficult to narrow down who he might be. If I was CA management or an owner, I would be VERY interested in finding out who this guy is before he is recalled. His incoherent, homo-phobic, profanity-laced rants, not to mention his veiled physical threats, should raise a few security eyebrows.

I'm furloughed CA as well and I have NEVER met any pilot at CA as disturbed as this individual appears to be. This is way beyond union vs non-union debate. This guy isn't fit to crew a professional aircraft.

C'mon...everyone I know gets hacked off once in awhile, swears, and wants to pop somebody in the nose. Heck, they wouldn't be real men if they didn't. Also, most of the girls I know do the same thing.

Some people like unions, others don't. Some people like Rex Ryan, others don't. Some people like Bill Belichick...whoops sorry.

Having a spirited contrary opinion about unions doesn't make somebody better or worse as a pilot, or even as a human being!

Well thanks for saving me the time of looking up your posts to determine your 'orientation'......lol.

Here you give a fine illustration of why merit is not a fair system. You make a prejudiced, highly personal judgment on someone who you don't know. (and hopefully never will)

Evaluating pilots on merit is no different, since there is no way to measure day to day performance amongst pilots equitably, it quickly degenerates into game of who will kiss butt better which ultimately impacts safety negatively because no one is willing to risk their favorability rating when it comes time to say no. It also leaves many people out in the cold through no fault of their own. CA, to their great credit, came to realize this was creating hard feelings and the potential for discrimination lawsuits which ultimately made them move to a seniority system instead.

I am a patriot and believe in my right to freedom of speech and will ALWAYS fight for it and fight those that try to infringe on it.

Who are you fighting? No one is stopping you from spewing your vileness and outing yourself as unbalanced in the process. You do have the right to freedom of speech, but even Justice Scalia was quoted recently once again that that right is not limitless. In other words it does not protect you in case you are dumb enough to actually scream fire in a crowded theater. Same thing applies to women and sexual orientation. You can hate them all you want but you have to tolerate them because if you don't you impinge on their constitutionally guaranteed civil rights.

BTW, most of your posts make veiled references to sticking things up other's rears. So what am I to assume about your sexual proclivities? Me thinks you protest a bit too much sir!

Last edited:
Thanks. So what I'm hearing you say is that that CA management should have identified all the slackers, malcontents and incompetents and let them go first? That this approach would have either mitigated of eliminated their need to furlough you and others from the bottom of the seniority list?

I don't remember the actual number of pilots that were furloughed at CA, but for the sake of argument let’s say CA management determined they needed to furlough 70 pilots. Next they go through the list and identify the types of pilots mentioned above and come up with 40 bad-actors. So where are they going to find the other 30 pilots?

This is where my original question comes in. Under your concept, the remaining pilots would need to be ranked in order of their "merit" or value to the company. How would you quantify that value among the remaining pilots and what criterion would you use to identify the remaining pilots merit?

You understand what I am saying. It should have never gotten to this point in the first place with having to eliminate the bad apples in the first place, however, due to the 'threat' of the union and the way the idiots on this thread act, it did. So, you know who they are, get rid of them. If you still need to furlough more, then you could go to the seniority type system. That is the way it should be used. The way CA used it, still protects the idiots who should not be there.....the union way. That was my point.

You seem to get it. I suspect you perform well at your job. I think you would probably be the type I would enjoy flying with. You make sense and are not the union nut hugger type that can't see anything but that.

Just curious. Did CA furlough by strict reverse seniority, or was there some "randomness" involved? In either case, seems you guys made the right choice in removing this loon before he drove away all your customers or worse.

Don't worry Perv, you are safe behind your little computer there. Never had anyone tell you how stupid you were? You do lead a sheltered life.

I'm hoping that you haven't been allowed to own a firearm. Your issues extend well beyond the scope of this job.

Get some help before you hurt somebody. Including yourself.

Please.

Thanks for your concern, dick. I will continue beating up on the stupid.....yourself included.

This guy needs to never come back. At first I thought he was posting via jack Daniels. Now I think he may be certifiable. His prior posts make it easy to narrow down who he is though.

Oh NO!!! Well do tell...please. Did you learn this type of ******************** in junior high or high school?

Stupid should hurt! You are a perfect example of why.

Wow, this guy can't be real. Nobody could be that loony tune naturally.

You are correct, sister. It just takes a hour or so of reading your posts and the other loons on this board and you can be there too. You have to start with a good bit of common sense and good judgment though. That pretty much eliminates you though.

You see a lot of crazy stuff posted on FI but this guy is really out there, borderline disturbed. I would caution him that (if he is indeeed a furloughed CA pilot) it is not to difficult to narrow down who he might be. If I was CA management or an owner, I would be VERY interested in finding out who this guy is before he is recalled. His incoherent, homo-phobic, profanity-laced rants, not to mention his veiled physical threats, should raise a few security eyebrows.

I'm furloughed CA as well and I have NEVER met any pilot at CA as disturbed as this individual appears to be. This is way beyond union vs non-union debate. This guy isn't fit to crew a professional aircraft.

Another pole smoker huh? Well Mr. PC, you too can STFU! Yeah, I am sure you are a furloughed CA FO....lol.

Please don't find out who I am....I am very nervous and concerned. It sucks feeling so accountable to the union idiots on this board.

Latest resources

Back