CitationAir Recalls 16 Furloughed Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did B19 get your password?

Not sure who that is..As you can see in around 10 yrs on this board I have a bit over 300 posts....I don't spend my life on here...

I'm referring to the mis-management of the company being the problem. Hopefully you can see that as a major problem also...

Also referring to the fact that at midnight we lost access to the message board. And I never got a 411 e-mail..Actually I haven't received one in a while.. I used to. I'm also referring to the fact that I had Crewops access a bit longer than NJASAP.. Just ain't great brotherhood there not from the average joe but from our elected officials or the Eboard.

Also thinking since I have no where else to vent, FI will have to be it. so instead of being all hush hush about NJA on FI, we can now all share whatever gripes we got. On the great FI.com....

and for the record EVERYONE pitched in for the voluntary measures.. (those that could) not just the guys that had no threat of job loss...

Not entirely correct. No one's pay was cut. The amount of the future step increases for years of service is what was reduced.

X

True So there is no pay cut until the one year anniversary, then they cut your pay.

As for the 16, it went to 20 deep on the list due to some bypass guys. They are all back on property, and either in training or just finished. Some same Aircraft some not depended.

CO said no more re-hires in 2010.....2 X's made it on property rumors of more but it all has to do with the sales pukes and how many managed A/C they can sell/steal.....

Guys, I know the message board is a sore subject. I'm just as disappointed as you are. Initially I advocated using this site as an alternative. Now, I see I was incorrect in my thought.

Bottom line is that when you compare the message board issue with everything else NJASAP has done for us, not being able to post on all areas (for the record, we DO have limited access) is VERY small potatoes.

I respectfully ask each of you to post your rants and raves on the new message board that one of our fellow pilots graciously set up for us. There is no reason not to remain on the high road and continue to act like the professionals we were hired to be.

Apologies for the partial hijack. Damn glad to see fellow pilots at CS getting a recall!

Talk about sour grapes. I earned my furlough Tshirt long ago-short and long sleeve. Never was I paid full salary for 4 months after the announcement. Never did I get a 7 month refund of dues. Never did I see the collective band together to mitigate furloughs and most probably extend your employment far longer than any other furloughee's situation.

Yes, it sucks. Yes, there were mistakes made by management. But the overall economic situation has nothing to do with any individual or management team assiciated with NJA. I understand your bitterness. Been there done that. But don't bite the hand that fed and will feed you again. You're not entitled to anything any more than the tens of thousands who have been furloughed since 1979. Deal with it with some dignity, rather than whining like a spoiled two year old.

Talk about sour grapes. I earned my furlough Tshirt long ago-short and long sleeve. Never was I paid full salary for 4 months after the announcement. Never did I get a 7 month refund of dues. Never did I see the collective band together to mitigate furloughs and most probably extend your employment far longer than any other furloughee's situation.

Yes, it sucks. Yes, there were mistakes made by management. But the overall economic situation has nothing to do with any individual or management team assiciated with NJA. I understand your bitterness. Been there done that. But don't bite the hand that fed and will feed you again. You're not entitled to anything any more than the tens of thousands who have been furloughed since 1979. Deal with it with some dignity, rather than whining like a spoiled two year old.

While the pilot group was saying.."what's going on with the economy and work etc.." Management was saying " everything is fine, we're business as usual, lets hire a few more guys and ruin they're careers" To me that's ineptitude of management.. Even the average line guy knew something wasn't quite right. So for JC, the General et al to still be around is very poor judgement. and who knows maybe their time is limited here too?

And yes management did ruin the really junior guys careers.. Call back for them will be very long..... I personally know a few and they were fairly senior RJ Cpts. who will certainly never recover the financial losses.

No sour grapes, just pissed at the lack of decision making by mgmnt. BTW many of us earned our T-shirts more than once...

Latest resources

Back