• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir Ceases Sales of Fractional Jet Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously not from CS, but I think "shutdown plans" are wrong. I've got a friend there who isn't expecting to lose his job in 2012.. He's around a 6-7 year PIC I believe. Think I heard 30 planes for 2012.

Hopefully no one at CS is telling their co-workers to suck it up and pay their dues. Or they shouldn't have been hired in the first place! (not directed at you P. Just a general sarcastic comment:p)

Wait I thought Luthi said every other fractional was doing spectacular?

If your in the bottom 120 tell your union to suck it up and pay your dues on your behalf! There will be no coming back to this company so a furlough LOA will be useless and you still have no contract and won't for over 1-2 more years ( if ever) who needs your thousand bucks more you???? Or HOFFA???? Simple stuff...but the I love unions at all cost zealots will poo poo me cause this is not treating your brothers with respect...they will tell you you gotta stick together! ( as long as your Azz is on the block and they are not) remember they will not be getting you a job, paying you wages while on furlough, or helping pay your bills....you will have to do this yourself! But they will tell you they will negotiate a contract loa for furlough and you won't be able to do that without them......but the last time 2 years ago there was no union no contract and the company treated us very well...... Funny I see no need to pay a penny anymore!

"Finally, support your Union and pay your dues. Regardless if you are to be furloughed or to remain, your best hope for a
worthwhile future at CitationAir is with a Union and a Collective Bargaining Agreement that legally sets forth your wages,
benefits and working conditions tailored to whatever business model the Company assumes. It is also the best way to
enhance the possibility of recall of furloughed pilots back to CitationAir."

Yeah, so forget the Obama economy and the fact it is the worst we have had in our lifetime. Forget the fact that the majority of businesses have been treading water due to these economic times the past several years, including Citation Air, Netjets, ect..

How did that union vote work out for us? How bout that union.....yeah! Brought a quick demise to a company that would have made it without one just fine and had been doing so. Now what do we have? NO JOBS! Thank you Teamsters.

I wish there were a way to find out who voted in the union and furlough them first. They deserve it.

Keep paying your dues.....what a joke!

How did that union vote work out for us? How bout that union.....yeah! Brought a quick demise to a company that would have made it without one just fine and had been doing so. Now what do we have? NO JOBS! Thank you Teamsters.

What has changed as far as management is concerned since the union was voted in? Negotiations have barely begun. I'm no fan of the IBT, but place blame where it belongs. Blaming labor in cases like this is like blaming the patient for the screw up of his surgeon.

Last edited:
What has changed as far as management is concerned since the union was voted in? Negotiations have barely begun. I'm no fan of the IBT, but place blame where it belongs. Blaming labor in cases like this is like blaming the patient for the screw up of his surgeon.

can't resist! If the patient goes to a surgeon with a track record of mediocre results then shame on him!

The patient should have listened to his mother and sucked it up, until he healed up, instead of going to the doctor. He wouldn't be in the hospital in critical condition, soon to be dead.....lol.

I have heard from 3 of my 4 friends at CA. They all are now looking for jobs and regret this union ever getting on the property. You live, you learn.

Curious to know some details.

If you hate unions, that's cool.

But not being from CA, could someone enlighten me as to what the union did, specifically, to cause CA to fail? Did you guys bargain for, and receive, some exhorbitant payscale that wasn't sustainable? Go on strike?

So what happened that the union is taking the blame for these developments at CA?

I'm not asking for a back-and-forth about what the union is doing NOW, for or against the pilots/company. Just want to know what the union did to cause CA to fail.

Thanks to anyone who replies without flaming.

Specifics have not been officially discussed as far as I know. Until that time, you will have to wait.

No flame intended here, but most people don't need to be hit by a bus to know it will hurt.

I'm not asking for details about furloughs or anything like that.

Having been through it in the past myself, I know that losing your job is painful.

But some on here seem to be blaming the union for this failure. Just wondering what the union did to bring about these circumstances. That's all.

Shut down plans for 2012 are posted on our union site. As I don't know if that comes from anything remotely close to official, I won't post here, but would ask if any CA pilots have heard anything official. A sad situation at best. Good luck to all affected.

Strange. I haven't seen any "shut down plans" on the union site.

Latest resources

Back