Citation XLS+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Hey, I know all of the fractionals have been slowing or cancelling aircraft orders with the imploding economy. No surprise there. Does anyone know if either NJA or CS has ordered the newer Citation XLS+? Looks like a Proline 21 version of the XLS with four vs. three tubes up front.

Anyone know if NJA or CS have these puppies on order? If so, how many? Would NJA and CS likely replace all existing XL/XLS aircraft with the + version in the long term? I presume we likely wouldn't start to see them until 2010-11 if they did.

I think we have 50 on order and option for 50 more. But they aint completed yet.....

Thanks - does that mean that they aren't expected until later 2009? Have these orders been delayed? And, are they basically expected to replace older XLs and XLS aircraft at NJA?

Thanks - does that mean that they aren't expected until later 2009? Have these orders been delayed? And, are they basically expected to replace older XLs and XLS aircraft at NJA?

This is just a guess, but I would say yes on both questions. They are most probably delayed and I am sure the will replace some of the older XL's

Hey, I know all of the fractionals have been slowing or cancelling aircraft orders with the imploding economy. No surprise there. Does anyone know if either NJA or CS has ordered the newer Citation XLS+? Looks like a Proline 21 version of the XLS with four vs. three tubes up front.

Anyone know if NJA or CS have these puppies on order? If so, how many? Would NJA and CS likely replace all existing XL/XLS aircraft with the + version in the long term? I presume we likely wouldn't start to see them until 2010-11 if they did.

CS is also going to get them, but they are delayed for now.

Thanks guys. I noticed a new Flying mag in the airport today profiling the XLS+. Looks like a sweet ride..... Hope you guys resume hiring (and the industry starts to do better) by the end of 09.

Thanks guys. I noticed a new Flying mag in the airport today profiling the XLS+. Looks like a sweet ride..... Hope you guys resume hiring (and the industry starts to do better) by the end of 09.

Yeah, from what I have heard from people flying the proline 21 its a pretty sweet system. Would not mind getting my hands on it.

PL21 is great, and the XLS+ has a Sovereign-style push-button cockpit with full EICAS. Its a very clean and very pilot-friendly design.

Nice ride, but unfortunately we could just about buy 2 CJ2+s for the cost of that mid-cabin and an APU!

One major drawback for me is the cockpit size. I understand its basically a X or 680 cockpit.... could be a bit cramped.

I got to sit in one before I make my decision I guess.

One major drawback for me is the cockpit size. I understand its basically a X or 680 cockpit.... could be a bit cramped.

I got to sit in one before I make my decision I guess.

Same cabin tube so yeah, pretty much the same cockpit size.

Still bigger than any 500-series cockpit! :D

Latest resources

Back