• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Citation XLS+

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Hey, I know all of the fractionals have been slowing or cancelling aircraft orders with the imploding economy. No surprise there. Does anyone know if either NJA or CS has ordered the newer Citation XLS+? Looks like a Proline 21 version of the XLS with four vs. three tubes up front.

Anyone know if NJA or CS have these puppies on order? If so, how many? Would NJA and CS likely replace all existing XL/XLS aircraft with the + version in the long term? I presume we likely wouldn't start to see them until 2010-11 if they did.

brokeflyer

Total Time
I think we have 50 on order and option for 50 more. But they aint completed yet.....

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
I think we have 50 on order and option for 50 more. But they aint completed yet.....

Thanks - does that mean that they aren't expected until later 2009? Have these orders been delayed? And, are they basically expected to replace older XLs and XLS aircraft at NJA?

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
Thanks - does that mean that they aren't expected until later 2009? Have these orders been delayed? And, are they basically expected to replace older XLs and XLS aircraft at NJA?

This is just a guess, but I would say yes on both questions. They are most probably delayed and I am sure the will replace some of the older XL's

jehtplane

Total Time
8500+
Hey, I know all of the fractionals have been slowing or cancelling aircraft orders with the imploding economy. No surprise there. Does anyone know if either NJA or CS has ordered the newer Citation XLS+? Looks like a Proline 21 version of the XLS with four vs. three tubes up front.

Anyone know if NJA or CS have these puppies on order? If so, how many? Would NJA and CS likely replace all existing XL/XLS aircraft with the + version in the long term? I presume we likely wouldn't start to see them until 2010-11 if they did.

CS is also going to get them, but they are delayed for now.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Thanks guys. I noticed a new Flying mag in the airport today profiling the XLS+. Looks like a sweet ride..... Hope you guys resume hiring (and the industry starts to do better) by the end of 09.

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
Thanks guys. I noticed a new Flying mag in the airport today profiling the XLS+. Looks like a sweet ride..... Hope you guys resume hiring (and the industry starts to do better) by the end of 09.

Yeah, from what I have heard from people flying the proline 21 its a pretty sweet system. Would not mind getting my hands on it.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
PL21 is great, and the XLS+ has a Sovereign-style push-button cockpit with full EICAS. Its a very clean and very pilot-friendly design.

Nice ride, but unfortunately we could just about buy 2 CJ2+s for the cost of that mid-cabin and an APU!

DO-82 driver

Total Time
200+
One major drawback for me is the cockpit size. I understand its basically a X or 680 cockpit.... could be a bit cramped.

I got to sit in one before I make my decision I guess.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
One major drawback for me is the cockpit size. I understand its basically a X or 680 cockpit.... could be a bit cramped.

I got to sit in one before I make my decision I guess.

Same cabin tube so yeah, pretty much the same cockpit size.

Still bigger than any 500-series cockpit! :D

DO-82 driver

Total Time
200+
Actually, the Xl and XLS cockpits have more side leg room due to the single console.

That's what I need to compare.

I think FSI in CMH should have theirs all up and running this May..... I find out what its like during my next recurrent.

berryszoo

Total Time
Xls+

We took delivery of our XLS+ in Dec 08, no complaints about the a/c. The Proline 21 has not been a hard transition from our Universals in our XL's. The XLS+ will run the barberpole and most of the time,power must be pulled back not to exceed .755. So far, our department is pleased with the new aircraft.ZOO