• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well...The 190's will be for the new southwest codeshare....and the word around the crew room is that we are ordering twenty new 76.5 seat spaceships for the new virgin galactic codeshare...

Not to mention they will change the performance data on all and make us study and take the tests on our own time!!!( sorry a lil irritated about that .....chq guys know what I am talking about)

Who would you fly the 190's for? Is Airways giving them up? Delta doesn't make sense with their 76 seat limitation, as the E175 is plenty big enough even with a first class. Does Frontier allow the E190? Who could it even possibly be?
Rumors are Frontier, Delta, Usair as of now. As I stated before they are just rumors. If it comes to fruition then it was ment to be, If it is all just speculation and stays speculation then It was not ment to be. I am not about to predict anything what is going to happen will and only time will tell.

You would be surprised. There were a lot of E170 FO's out of CMH and ATL that took a E145 slot based on location. I few of these people live in NYC, CMH, and SDF. I would have taken the E145 had it beein in GSO. (Would close when I arrived )

I did get my second choice which was PHL Capt. My first was to stay in ATL as a Capt.

Blackie, are you in PHL now or in limbo waiting on training??? I just Finished up in STL and I'm waiting on IOE. See You in PHL..

That's the absolute worst thing that could happen in the airline industry.

Perhaps........ The Same thing was said about the 170's & 175's. Only time will tell. The future is the future and what happens happends.

What they're implying is these 190's DO NOT belong at the regional level......JB and US are LCC/Majors!!!!
Thank you kind Sir for that clarification, I will sleep better tonight knowing that!!

Rumors are Frontier, Delta, Usair as of now. As I stated before they are just rumors. If it comes to fruition then it was ment to be, If it is all just speculation and stays speculation then It was not ment to be. I am not about to predict anything what is going to happen will and only time will tell.

Airways = No. They have their own 190's flown by mainline pilots.

Delta = No. 76 seat scope clause.

Frontier = Not sure about their scope language but I doubt this would be allowed by their pilot's contract.

The only way I could see this happening would be if BB decides to operate them independently as a Republic Airways brand.

Who knows. I'm off to the fractional side of flying though because of crap like this potentially happening. Being an airline pilot as a career has been ruined by weak scope allowing these large (170/175/190) RJ's to replace mainline aircraft flown at pathetic wages. That and greedy management.

Last edited:

Frontier = Not sure about their scope language but I doubt this would be allowed by their pilot's contract.

The only way I could see this happening would be if BB decides to operate them independently as a Republic Airways brand.

Who knows. I'm off to the fractional side of flying though because of crap like this potentially happening. Being an airline pilot as a career has been ruined by weak scope allowing these large (170/175/190) RJ's to replace mainline aircraft flown at pathetic wages. That and greedy management.

Enjoy Netjets....I know who you are now....Muhaaaaa Muhaaaaa

Airways......MMMMM I would not rush to the conclusion of an Adimate "NO". I have been told by many Mainline Pilots that the 190 is not in their future. Parker wants an all Airbus Fleet anyway. It will be interesting to see what the future Holds with Airways.

Netjets is one of the better Fractional companies to work for. I have friends there and they love it!! Good luck and Fly Safe.

US Airways: Recently signed an order for numerous large aircraft. The number of these larger and better paying aircraft exceeds the number of 190's planned. This means if the 190's were sold (and who isn't looking for cash now with the credit crunch... got to pay for those A340s somehow) there would still be a net increase in jobs at mainline. The 190 does not count towards the minimum fleet size specified in the pilot contract, and US Airways management has shown they have no problem selling off their small aircraft. US Airways bean counters know they will not see great economics in a fleet of only 25 aircraft that share no common parts with the rest of the fleet. Oh, and don't expect a lot of resistance from the mainline pilot group...especially from those who stand to make an extra 30,000 or more a year flying something bigger than the 190.

Delta: A little late to the party, but they finally jumped in on those 175's. If they are interested in growing their fleet of E-jets in number and capacity now, then I would take that as intent to grow the fleet even further as the opportunity arises.

Frontier: Not performing extremely well financially, though not failing either. But, a little financial crunch never hurt when managements wants to give away some of your future flying to a lower priced competitor/partner. Add in the potential for RAH and Frontier to become even closer in the not-so-distant future, and you can see the desire to add in a middle of the road sized aircraft to the overall fleet as the company looks to diversify itself.

190's are coming to RAH, and there is nothing the RAH pilot group can do to stop it. The only hope to keep 190's out of the hands of underpaid regional pilots is for the mainline pilots to stop giving up scope. Don't blame those who are handed the airplanes by their management, blame those who gave them up.

Latest resources

Back