• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To each their own, however, IMHO if you are looking for advancement, always take the first upgrade available. Sometimes the music stops, and you don't want to be left out (or in the right/wrong seat).

Could you elaborate on what that might be?
Bigger planes. Revamping the size of the planes for some on the code shares. 190's on the property by sometime in 08. The typical rumors already spread around. They just put it in these words. "2008 is going to be an interesting year". I guess only time will tell

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "more useful type"

Airways and JetBlue operates the 190. May be others will too. May be not. The 145 surely won't be flow anywhere where a regional pilot would want to go next. That is what I meant. I agree, it is not worth the extra wait still there are some advantages IMO.

Bigger planes. Revamping the size of the planes for some on the code shares. 190's on the property by sometime in 08. The typical rumors already spread around. They just put it in these words. "2008 is going to be an interesting year". I guess only time will tell
What they're implying is these 190's DO NOT belong at the regional level......JB and US are LCC/Majors!!!!

Especially on the CHQ side. Since hiring into the E145 was slow during 2005 (especially during the 2nd half of 2005 which is coming up right about now) upgrade time will go further down assuming most E170 FOs will stick to the E170. I am sure most will because the 170 is a usefull type. Switching planes means longer class and may be longer IOE wait. The 170 is more money. And who likes to train into another plane as a CA when you have never flown it? Most don't.

You would be surprised. There were a lot of E170 FO's out of CMH and ATL that took a E145 slot based on location. I few of these people live in NYC, CMH, and SDF. I would have taken the E145 had it beein in GSO. (Would close when I arrived )

I did get my second choice which was PHL Capt. My first was to stay in ATL as a Capt.

Who would you fly the 190's for? Is Airways giving them up? Delta doesn't make sense with their 76 seat limitation, as the E175 is plenty big enough even with a first class. Does Frontier allow the E190? Who could it even possibly be?

This just in... look for a big announcement at this years corporate Xmas party!

Latest resources

Back