• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That above is effective January 1 2008 though. So 23 months but it will come down for a while well below 2 years on the 145 and on the CRJ.

It surprised the hell out of me. Looks like the mid 2006 guys got hired at the sweet time. Right at 1 year 6 month upgrades.

It surprised the hell out of me. Looks like the mid 2006 guys got hired at the sweet time. Right at 1 year 6 month upgrades.

Especially on the CHQ side. Since hiring into the E145 was slow during 2005 (especially during the 2nd half of 2005 which is coming up right about now) upgrade time will go further down assuming most E170 FOs will stick to the E170. I am sure most will because the 170 is a usefull type. Switching planes means longer class and may be longer IOE wait. The 170 is more money. And who likes to train into another plane as a CA when you have never flown it? Most don't.

According to some of the managment people in corporate, 2008 is going to be an interesting year. That's just rumor and obviously you can't believe everything you hear, but things are sure buzzing over there!!

According to some of the managment people in corporate, 2008 is going to be an interesting year. That's just rumor and obviously you can't believe everything you hear, but things are sure buzzing over there!!

Could you elaborate on what that might be?

Switching planes means longer class and may be longer IOE wait.

It also means an illegal bypass since the company doesn't want to put anyone through the full class for a new certificate/type.

I plan on taking the 145 as it will come up first. Not sure what you mean by "more useful type" but I feel that the 145 is just as useful, if not moreso (100+ Legacy a/c out there on the corp side) as the 170...and I can always bid into that when the seat lock expires though you can never bid down to the 145 from the 170.

Latest resources

Back