CHQ to operate CRJ-200 confirmed..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Popeye0537 said:
Investment?? BS you guys lost all your flying and were scrambling to find some place to put your A/C. I call that pay to play. Where else were you gonna put all the United flying you lost to substandard contracts as you call them? t
Get your facts straight son...we had secured the right to operate 70 aircraft for US Airways before our final bid was ever submitted to United. It's called leverage. It shows that our management was not about to underbid themselves. United said "no", and our managament said "fine" time to take the toys to a new sandbox. How about you steer this thread back to it's original course...your sidetracking this into areas you know nothing about.

Last edited:
If CHQ is such a great company then why is there a 2 year contract that you need to sign?

WHo the heck cares what AWACS MGMT team did. Like you would have a say in anything your CEO negoatiated. I cant believe this my ******************** doesnt stink b/c my ceo.....Its as dumb as getting mad at CHQ guys for getting CRJs.

avrodriver said:
Get your facts straight son...we had secured the right to operate 70 aircraft for US Airways before our final bid was ever submitted to United. It's called leverage. It shows that our management, much like our pilots were not about to underbid themselves. United said "no", and our managament said "fine" time to take the toys to a new sandbox. How about you steer this thread back to it's original course...your sidetracking this into areas you know nothing about.

Ok, we are going to operate CRJ's, does that make you feel better? Call it what you want, you still paid to play.

A 2-year training agreement keeps people from stopping by for training and then running off somewhere else..... it is a protection on your investment. Don't you LEASE an apartment? Don't you LEASE vehicles if you don't buy outright? CHQ is a great place... any airline would be foolish not to protect their investments. Even if your company does not have a training agreement there really is nowhere else to go so, inherently, they get their $ out of you.

Bad answer, Sizzle. You are taking a chance by going to work for a company and they should be taking a chance by hiring you. A good company does not need to require its employees to stay for any length of time in exchange for the costs it puts into training them. CHQ employees may not feel a need to leave in less than two years right now, but there's always a chance that something might happen in the future. Look what happened to some of the Mesaba guys who were still under contract when the furlough notices came out. It's not a situation that aviation professionals need to be in.

As far as your statement about nowhere else to go, I'm not following you there. Many of my coworkers left for better opportunities well before having even a year with my current company. They didn't have to pay Comair for exercising their right to leave.

They are going to buy Mesa simple as that. Why spend the money to start up when it is already there. Mesa has alot of cash and a low stock price. RAH has some cash and a higher stock price. All you people out their it is called a leverage buy out. A to buy B using B's money, cost to A zero, revenue up 1.2 billion. Simple and easy.

Popeye0537 said:
Ok, we are going to operate CRJ's, does that make you feel better? Call it what you want, you still paid to play.
Man, I wish I was as cool as you. You're right, I hate working at a pay to play regional, because our management team really got boned on that deal, I mean triple our money and all, but they really should have held out for a better investment. Oh, and we should have taken United's deal too, I mean who wants to make money in this industry anyways. Your contract is soooo wicked, I mean 22 more seats and 4 dollars less per hour, you don't get 100% dead head pay, and no rig. I have nothing against CHQ pilots, but people like you give your group a bad name. I love it how you said you are not arrogant, thats funny.

n757st said:
Man, I wish I was as cool as you. You're right, I hate working at a pay to play regional, because our management team really got boned on that deal, I mean triple our money and all, but they really should have held out for a better investment. Oh, and we should have taken United's deal too, I mean who wants to make money in this industry anyways. Your contract is soooo wicked, I mean 22 more seats and 4 dollars less per hour, you don't get 100% dead head pay, and no rig. I have nothing against CHQ pilots, but people like you give your group a bad name. I love it how you said you are not arrogant, thats funny.

No, your not as cool as me thats just a fact you have to live with. Next if I was arrogant, that would imply I came on here saying that CHQ is fudgin awesome and all you other regionals $uck. Now, is that what I said? Is that even what I implied? I don't think so. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm glad your happy with you decision to work at AWA, as I am with mine to work at CHQ. Contract this contract that...it dosen't mean $hit if your not happy where you work. Now with that being said I must go and do my 75% deadhead pay, 4 dollars less and hour, and no duty rig plus bonus job. (Now thats funny)

Last edited:
The CRJ will be for the new Air France codeshare. Anouncement in October.

Camembert

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back