CHQ Strike Authorization Vote Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HELL YEAH!!! Go CHQ boys n girls!!!

If you walk, I'm sending checks to your strike fund for as long as you're walking... Go get'em!

I just put you guys in a new league. Welcome, enjoy your stay and good luck. Thanks for standing up when others are getting down on all fours.

Pilots Approve Strike Ballot Authorization by Overwhelming Margin
Friday June 20, 2:53 pm ET
Chautauqua Pilots Vote in Favor of Strike Action

HOUSTON, June 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Election Administrators at Teamsters Local 747 counted Strike Authorization Ballots today, which were cast by the pilots at Chautauqua Airlines. The Chautauqua pilot group voted 94% in favor of the option to strike if such action becomes a necessity.

Upset over the company's recent actions regarding the formation of alter- ego Republic Airlines and the recent cancellation of negotiations, the Local 747 Executive Board chose to send out the Strike Vote in an effort to express to the company the pilots' resolve and determination for getting a satisfactory contract. The negotiating committee also wants the company to end their attempts to leverage contract talks and pilots' growth with the prospect of Republic Airlines competing for existing code sharing partners.

Contract negotiations have been taking place since November 2001 and there has been very little movement in recent contract talks. If negotiations continue to be unsuccessful, the negotiating committee, in accordance with the Railway Labor Act and National Mediation Board, will ask to be released to exercise self-help. If the National Mediation Board does agree with the impasse and releases the pilots, there will be a thirty-day cooling off period, in which negotiations can continue. A strike action will not occur unless the National Mediation Board agrees to an impasse in negotiations and releases the pilots to do so.

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States and Canada.

Skull-One said:
june_2003_System.jpg

This is a picture of our route map...........all codeshares.

Way to stand tall CHQ!!

Hopefully you will get the opportunity to exercise your rights if it gets to that point. At GLA, literally had 100% strike auth... but a release by the NMB is not even in sight.. (almost 3yrs and counting)

Bedfords latest propaganda, I title it "CRY ME A RIVER"

Good Afternoon. You have no doubt heard the news that 478 of our 721 pilots have voted to strike the airline in the event contract negotiations fail. This is a very disappointing and dangerous development for Chautauqua. Within days of this announcement, one bank, which had agreed to finance the last three US Airways Express aircraft for Chautauqua has canceled its financial commitment due to the “unacceptably high labor risk at Chautauqua”. Thus far the financial institutions backing our final Delta deliveries appear to remain committed to the transactions. Hopefully that will not change. However, it is unlikely Chautauqua will be able to find a replacement bank to finance the US Airways jets or any other new aircraft until the labor situation has been resolved. Looking on the bright side, this will at least take some of the pressure off the training department.

This is the first time in my 16 year industry career that I have ever been subject to a strike vote. It is also the first time in my 4 years with Chautauqua that I have ever regretted coming here. When I arrived here 4 years ago there were only 255 pilots on the seniority list; 174 of them are still with us. In 4 years we’ve only lost 81 pilots for various reasons. Not exactly what you’d expect for such a terrible place to work. During the same time we’ve created 547 new pilot positions. We have never had any difficulty finding qualified pilots who enthusiastically accepted positions with our airline. And we maintain a backlog of over a 1,000 equally interested pilot candidates. So it doesn’t appear that we offer such an uncompetitive job opportunity that we can’t hire and retain talented aviators? As puzzling and disappointing as this situation has become, I remain steadfast that we will continue to maintain a competitive workplace and compensation program within the frame work of our competitors in the regional airline industry. The strike vote will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what the company can afford at the bargaining table and the final construction of the revised working agreement.

"This is the first time in my 16 year industry career that I have ever been subject to a strike vote. It is also the first time in my 4 years with Chautauqua that I have ever regretted coming here."

Why would he regret coming here over a strike authorization? If the airline is driven into the ground under his leadership then perhaps regret would be an appropriate emotion, but not for a vote.

This is an opportunity for Bedford to step up to the plate and take the reins. He can use this as a way to show his people he respects their hard work and values them as something more than an abstract concept. Give these folks the quality of life they have *earned* through hard work and performance.

Regret is hardly the response I have to being involved with this company. We were written off as DOA not too long ago and look at us now. I am many things, but regretful that I came here? Not a chance.

Stop playing games with us and let's get this thing settled so we can eliminate at least one distraction from our primary mission...

Latest resources

Back