CHQ Pilots - Caution in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8HourPilot said:
Not that it would really matter, but Oxlong is 6'5" and about two buck 30, hope you know some crazy karate stuff :smash:

Yeah, I'm sure he is. I bet you can actually attest to whether or not his OX is LONG too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I saw a Catering truck remove the aft piece of the tale on an Md-88 on the ATL ramp. You gotta be careful out in that Cluster F@#%

JetPilot_Mike said:
The best thing I ever saw in ATL was one guy driving the catering truck like he had stolen tv's in it, with the side doors open. Made a sharp turn and about 200 cans of soda were rolling around the ramp like someone yelled "COPS" at a drug house. I saw a few cans make it out to the taxi line.

It probably was stolen, this is ATL we're talking about.

EMB170Pilot said:
Ohhhhhhh how I miss the days of having 2-3 near misses in the south practice area!:rolleyes:

Which is why I was at least 3-5 miles east of the ocean doing my maneuvers, quiet out there (or I thought)
I do everything over the ocean at weird altitudes like 3725, heh...

8HourPilot said:
Not that it would really matter, but Oxlong is 6'5" and about two buck 30, hope you know some crazy karate stuff :smash:

I have a couple of friends. Heckler and Koch.

good, more reasons for the chicken tacos to whine. it's alright tho, i hear that atl's fire dept bought a new waambulance. and i'm also in it for the 100 bucks, harry.

TSA discrepancies

Why is TSA policy so different at airports? Some care about this like PIT where it seems like gate agents question you for walking from A18 to A18Y without going inside first. Others like DCA right next to the Pentagon and capital, you walk 1/4 or so from your plane to the terminal if there isn't a bus around. Is it really TSA who cares or is it airline employees that don't want you walking around? TSA wouldn't even know if someone doesn't rat you out.

8HourPilot said:

Sure Oxlong is 6'5" and two buck thirty, more like 5' with a bad disposition

You guys are getting worked up over nothing. I'm not going to claim to know the security rules for every airport in the country, but I've held SIDA badges at three (IAD, MKE, CVG) and the required training was the same at all. You can't walk around the SIDA area without a badge. If you are a pilot you can walk around your airplane and to the terminal (directly). If you see someone without a badge you are supposed to challenge them, if they threaten or ignore you, you are supposed to call your supervisor or the police.

I've heard stories of TSA officers walking around the ramp wearing a fake ID with Mickey Mouse on the picture. If he was discovered, the employee got a reward, if not, the airline got fined. I would rather not get my company fined. Besides, what the heck are you doing walking around the ramp anyway?

Leave it up to CHQ and SA to whine and moan about someone actually enforcing the rules!!! Now get off the computer and go to your second job so you can afford to pay off your student loans!!

Latest resources

Back