Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinT

Remember the Alamo
In a memo from TSA this morning, CHQ pilots will be instructed that they are allowed only in the footprint of the aircraft - and in the ramp space from the aircraft to their assigned gate. ATL Airport Security is concerned that too many CHQ pilots (without ATL SIDA badges) have been found wandering the D ramp. The concern is that it is a Security Breech for them to be on the ramp or in other non approved areas. ASA personnel have been directed to remind any wayward CHQ pilots to exit the ASA Crew Room areas or report the violation to the phone numbers posted in the crewroom.

I have never seen any CHQ pilots wandering where they did not belong, but that is not to say that it does not happen. But it sounds as if life is being made tough for the crews in ATL. I mean this goes way beyond stepping on their radio transmissions. Hahaha.

FlyinT said:
In a memo from TSA this morning, CHQ pilots will be instructed that they are allowed only in the footprint of the aircraft - and in the ramp space from the aircraft to their assigned gate. ATL Airport Security is concerned that too many CHQ pilots (without ATL SIDA badges) have been found wandering the D ramp. The concern is that it is a Security Breech for them to be on the ramp or in other non approved areas. ASA personnel have been directed to remind any wayward CHQ pilots to exit the ASA Crew Room areas or report the violation to the phone numbers posted in the crewroom.

Alright guys. We have just been given the go ahead to call the police on the CHQ and CMR pilots, if they do not have ATL SIDA access, when you catch them in our crew rooms.

Hell I wouldn't want to be out of the footprint of my plane anyway, that ramp is pretty much chaos and one of the most dangerous places I could think to be walking around.

Wandering, so I wonder if it applies to Shuttle America Pilots too.......I'll be sure to "wander" about this weekend.......

Please do, that would be the best excuse for Scheduling I'd have yet. Uh, yeah so I uh can't fly....I'm being detained by some of "THE ATL"'s finest airport pitbull's. Why? Well like every other airport, they had nothing better to do. I wonder if we have contract language on that?

www. said:
Alright guys. We have just been given the go ahead to call the police on the CHQ and CMR pilots, if they do not have ATL SIDA access, when you catch them in our crew rooms.

Sounds like a wonderful TSA program. I don't have any problem having either CHQ or CMR folks in our crewrooms, and I think it's pretty stupid that some do. Just keep in mind that this is apparantly being driven by the TSA, NOT the ASA pilots.

Latest resources

Back