• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to sh.t on anybody's parade,but I came to XJT from another airline (the one that filed Chp. 11 today). All I've got to say about XJT is Class. Movement is great (reserve 2 months, relief 2 months, hard line) ability to trip-trade is amazing, great crews,awesome destinations, clean hotels, top notch training etc.Oh yeah, have I mentioned that nobody has mentioned the word "furloughed " in the short 7 months that I have been here. On the other hand, my friends at CHQ (especially on the E-145) have mentioned a totally different perspective about their place. Come to your own conclusions.

Do you want to be an all out slut or a girl that puts out a lot if you know her? Either way you gonna get the long one in the wrong one.

EB

Tooslow said:
ExpressJet MEC Update
November 4, 2005

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. This is XJT MEC Chairman Phil
Lomness with an ExpressJet MEC update for Friday, November 4, 2005. There
is 1 item for review.

Item 1: XJT Special MEC Meeting

The XJT MEC has planned a Special MEC Meeting for Monday, November 7,
at 1300, at the IAH Sheraton on JFK Blvd. This meeting is scheduled to
adjourn Tuesday, November 8, at 1630. The agenda will include a
Company update of the status of its negotiations with Continental regarding
the Capacity Purchase Agreement since the last MEC meeting (discussed in
the Chairman’s update of October 8, 2005). Other business will include
Policy Manual Review and Changes and approval of the 2006 XJT MEC
Budget.

Thank you, and fly safely.

EXTEND THE CPA in exchange for profit sharing is my guess!!!!!

Ya I wish!

nimtz said:
I seriously doubt you were ever in a position that allowed you the foresight to see avoiding XJT will get you to CAL sooner.

Sorry your wrong. It didn't take much foresight, really. Common sense. I remember it well. Back then, everyone was saying "I'll go to CoEx and then flow up to CAL within 2 years". Yeah.

It wasn't that CAL was on the top of the list, it was the fact that I wanted to keep my options open.

generaltso said:
Sorry your wrong. It didn't take much foresight, really. Common sense. I remember it well. Back then, everyone was saying "I'll go to CoEx and then flow up to CAL within 2 years". Yeah.

It wasn't that CAL was on the top of the list, it was the fact that I wanted to keep my options open.

Wow you must have the crystal ball everyone is looking for!! Get real.

You still havent told us where you currently work, its nice that you put down others companies but you arent proud enough to tell whom you work for. Fill us in

generaltso said:

You make it sound like you actually waited around for a few select companies to hire you including CHQ whom I'm 99% sure you work for. Unless you had alot more time then needed for regionals you are full of BS. I went to XJT because they hired me first not because I ever bought into going to CAL in 2 years. A few guys did get flowover in two to three years, but most understood it wasn't a repeatable option. If CHQ would of rang first I would of headed over there eventhough it was tiny company with Saabs and a few jets feeding US Air and TWA.

BTW I would not be so smug about your 'common sense' getting you to CAL faster. I'd bet I've got alot more recommendations from CAL pilots whom I've actually flown with then you do. CAL is starting to hire XJT people for future classes. Time will tell if your 'common sense approach' rings true.

Last edited:
I know a non PIG with an interview this month. Time to call all the flowbies I flew with the last 4 yrs or so.

Latest resources

Back