CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Superpilot92 said:
Dont read it then! Its just good healthy Whining.
Slowly click the X in the top right hand corner and back away!!!!!

go take some ritalin a$$, i will let my kid piss in your face.

That doesn't sound like whinning. That sounds like someone utterly immature and p*ssed off.

Oh well, do as you please.

Pedro said:
Why did you stay then? I know anything can happen, but if that was my point of view I would have bailed given the chance. Granted you have more job security than a new hire, but when it rains, it pours, and if thing go south here it will be bad for everyone.

I stayed because I still have confidence in this place. (what am I smokin right). I knew this period was going to be rough. I've been the guys saying for years this IPO crap is a shiit sandwich. But truth is that by going to CAL I wouldn't break even for 7-8 years. Which in my mind is an eternity. I think it's rather amusing that we see what has happened in the regionals but don't think it could happen to us. Sure we have a better product than Mesa but it'll still be thrown in our face that they are cheaper.

Honestly the junior folks should hope more guys think like me. In the near future we MAY (the following is based on my opinions and not any other information) be facing pay/work rules cuts and furloughs. It's no secret that CAL has little use for 37 seat a/c. Of which we have 30. Of which represents 300 pilots. We have a choice, adjust our contract to become more competitive or lose flying. From where I'm sitting on the seniority list why should I care? Lots of guys in my spots would vote no for any changes and let them furlough 300/500....or 1000 or 1500 pilots. Either way I'd still be at the top. I'd just go from the top 5% to the top 12%. But I can look at the big picture, try to keep this place alive and with as many pilots as possible. Or say, F it, last one out hit the lights. I'm not sure.

Something will need to be done to appese CAL. Hopefully we can do it through things like fuel savings, APU use, great product etc etc. But when the time comes we will have a choice to make. I for one will look at it from every angle. I will choose based on fact/reality and not emmotion. This is a great place to work. I'd recomend that anyone try to work here, however under the current situation with the renegotiations of the CPA and the possibilities of reduced flying I think someone who got hired here today may well be furloughed in a year. If there are other safer options availible I'd look at it. It doesn't change the fact this is still about the best regional and the best contract to work under.

Pickle, get the hell off of this board and bang your girlfriend! If you don't I will!!!!:D

Flyer1015 said:
That doesn't sound like whinning. That sounds like someone utterly immature and p*ssed off.

Oh well, do as you please.

Nope no one is pissed off here. Nor immature i am just giving him a hard time. Relax Fracis

I work for expressjet and I sometimes worry about losing my job. But I don't think you can take a realistic look at any other regional airline and feel totally safe if you work there. Eagle - 10 year upgrade and flow backs, Comair - furlough, Mesaba - furlough, Pinnacle - probably furlough, TSA - g0-lets, ASA - bought by skywest, Chita - 3 bankrupt airlines emb-170's (ie.emb-135's), Air Wis - no more UA, Mesa - enough said, ACA - well, anyway you get the point. Anyone who is so junior that they might lose their job (myself included) should probably not be too worried about the pay cut. I'm not gonna run around like a chicken without a head because I "might" lose my $21,000 a year job. I have friends at most of the other regionals and I hope they all can keep there jobs and make a living. Good luck to everyone, we are ALL in a pretty bad place.

profit

I dont know what other regionals have been doing, but xjet made 25 million last quater, which makes me feel good about getting hired there last week, considering the regional I work for now (mainline lost 29 million) and I dont want to end up like chicago express and get cutoff. I know I have that new hire excitement but it seems like xjet is one of the places to be they are actually making money.

generaltso said:
Never applied to XJT. I'm one of those people who didn't want to shoot myself in the foot with trying to get on at CAL by going to XJT.
I seriously doubt you were ever in a position that allowed you the foresight to see avoiding XJT will get you to CAL sooner. Besides back before 9/11 almost all put American and Delta at the top of the wish list and CAL somwhere near the bottom, so I highly doubt this claim. A little over five years ago if given the chose between CHQ and Coex the answer was overwhelmingly easy. CHQ was flying more Saabs then ERJ's and worked for TWA and US Air. Coex had 175+ firm orders. All you can do is make the best educated guess and then hang on for dear life. If the CHQ pilots dig their heels in next contract round then that great low cost advantage will whittle away. Guess CHQ will be a radically different company in 2-3 years.

ExpressJet MEC Update
November 4, 2005

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. This is XJT MEC Chairman Phil
Lomness with an ExpressJet MEC update for Friday, November 4, 2005. There
is 1 item for review.

Item 1: XJT Special MEC Meeting

The XJT MEC has planned a Special MEC Meeting for Monday, November 7,
at 1300, at the IAH Sheraton on JFK Blvd. This meeting is scheduled to
adjourn Tuesday, November 8, at 1630. The agenda will include a
Company update of the status of its negotiations with Continental regarding
the Capacity Purchase Agreement since the last MEC meeting (discussed in
the Chairman’s update of October 8, 2005). Other business will include
Policy Manual Review and Changes and approval of the 2006 XJT MEC
Budget.

Thank you, and fly safely.

EXTEND THE CPA in exchange for profit sharing is my guess!!!!!

sorry I'm late...

What did I miss?

Who's bashing who?

This should be good AGAIN for the very first time.

...pulls up the chair, and puts some popcorn in the mic...:)

Latest resources

Back