• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ or XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never applied to XJT. I'm one of those people who didn't want to shoot myself in the foot with trying to get on at CAL by going to XJT.

I don't know why some people are taking my prediction so personally. It is painfully obvious that the 50 seat market is dwindling. XJT has too many 50 seaters and no 70 seaters in sight. That is my opinion, don't take it personally and don't take it as an attack on your company.

However it appears some of the XJT pilots around here have the attitude of being invincible. The way this industry is right now, I don't think any pilot at any airline should feel that way.

Documents, agreements, contracts... ha! It is funny how people say 2030 or whatever... yeah, you guys should be good for the next 25 years. I don't see CAL outsourcing any flying to the lowest bidder as soon as they possibly can. I certainly don't see them trying to whipsaw your group in to lowering their costs by bringing on another carrier.

Ben Franklin said:
dumbass. have you even read the document?

it's 2030.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Why yes, sir, I have. And look what I find on page 26 of the 2004 XJT Annual Report:

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/13/130/130007/items/101950/AR_2004.pdf

Term of Agreement.

The capacity purchase agreement is scheduled to expire on December 31, 2010. Continental has the option to extend the term of the agreement with 24 months’ notice for up to four additional five-year terms through December 31, 2030.

There's no need to resort on name-calling.

My interpretation is that the agreement does expire in 2010, and then CO can choose to extend it five years at a time, through to the year 2030.

I don't think XJT's future for the next 25 years is secure ALL the way through 2030. It is ensured through Dec. 31, 2010. After that, Continental can choose to extend it, or whatever else it may please.

Last edited:
generaltso said:
Never applied to XJT. I'm one of those people who didn't want to shoot myself in the foot with trying to get on at CAL by going to XJT.

I don't know why some people are taking my prediction so personally. It is painfully obvious that the 50 seat market is dwindling. XJT has too many 50 seaters and no 70 seaters in sight. That is my opinion, don't take it personally and don't take it as an attack on your company.

However it appears some of the XJT pilots around here have the attitude of being invincible. The way this industry is right now, I don't think any pilot at any airline should feel that way.

Documents, agreements, contracts... ha! It is funny how people say 2030 or whatever... yeah, you guys should be good for the next 25 years. I don't see CAL outsourcing any flying to the lowest bidder as soon as they possibly can. I certainly don't see them trying to whipsaw your group in to lowering their costs by bringing on another carrier.

From what i understand~~~
The only reason why we dont have bigger aircraft is because CALs scope clause. We have actually been test flying different aircraft so the company is looking. Also CAL owns the leases on the aircraft so i dont see the 50 seaters just going away. Eventually yes but XJET makes the payments on the leases so if CAL wants someone else to come in and fly then that company gets our oldest aircraft, the 135s and 145ERs. The problem with your comments are you have no idea what the agreements between CAL and XJET are. I work here and dont know 100% what they are. We will see what happens in the near future. Your comments on the pilot group here at XJET is bogus do you work here? NO so how do you know what our pilot group is like? The pilot group here takes pride in their job thats it.
Rant over!

Superpilot92 said:
The problem with your comments are you have no idea what the agreements between CAL and XJET are.

Agreements are worth their weight in poop. Either way...I'd still go to X jet over CHQ.

SuperPilot,
You missunderstood my bet. I was saying the other guy was right. Whether or not he applied here or not the man is accurate. The CPA doesn't expire in 07 but the exclusivity does. And CAL needs to give us 12 months notice. Which puts us at just about......2 months from now. Anyone who doesn't think someone else can do it is crazy. Or CAL may say, Hmmm guess we don't need 274 a/c pisssing through gas. Here ya go XJT now you only fly 200....... It's not doom and gloom, it's reality.

Wonder why the company requested a special MEC meeting for monday?

IE if you are looking for a job this is not the place to go. Growth potential is bleek at best.

Spinplate said:
Can that girl in your avatar sit on my face?

Sure she can, I will ask her to check her schedule and i will get right back to you. She is currently sitting on my face. Ya i know i am talented to type and have a beautiful women sitting on my face.

mckpickle said:
SuperPilot,
You missunderstood my bet. I was saying the other guy was right. Whether or not he applied here or not the man is accurate. The CPA doesn't expire in 07 but the exclusivity does. And CAL needs to give us 12 months notice. Which puts us at just about......2 months from now. Anyone who doesn't think someone else can do it is crazy. Or CAL may say, Hmmm guess we don't need 274 a/c pisssing through gas. Here ya go XJT now you only fly 200....... It's not doom and gloom, it's reality.

Wonder why the company requested a special MEC meeting for monday?

IE if you are looking for a job this is not the place to go. Growth potential is bleek at best.

Why did you stay then? I know anything can happen, but if that was my point of view I would have bailed given the chance. Granted you have more job security than a new hire, but when it rains, it pours, and if thing go south here it will be bad for everyone.

people stayed because they are thinking short term. Xjet around for another 20 years who knows. Who knows if any airline will be around. IMHO you would have to be crazy not to have gone. Given everyone has their own situations but i know what my decision would have been.

Latest resources

Back