Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ, FREEDOM, and ASA pilots need to stick together on this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the alleged charge to an ASA pilot on a DL flight was a gate / software error having to do with the PPR number. If this is not the case, PM me and I will follow up. I need dates, places, flights, all the details possible. You are correct, there should be NO charge for the JS.

We are being charged the non rev rate to jumpseat because Delta's policy is to check in passriders for the jumpseat using the PPR number.

According to SH, they don't know how to fix the "glitch" and have no time frame of doing so. So yes, we're being charged to ride "your" jumpseat.

It doesn't make sense and you would be singing a different tune if you were still living on the other side of the tracks.....

My point exactly. How quickly we forget where we came from...

So we get rid of all those pesky passengers? Can we let AirTran try this strategy first?

You are correct that in a fee for departure world under a bankruptcy proof contract, passengers are just a headache.

This disconnect is yet another of the myriad of reasons why airlines should not outsource flying. We should not be on separate teams, with separate goals.

Fins, the passengers are the root cause of this mess.... They demand first class service for free.... Ticket prices have been falling for 30 years.....

I have no sympathy.... They are getting what they paid for....

I agree with you about the "outsourcing"..... but ALPA has lost that battle..... Now we are on different sides of that fence, and we will both defend our side of the fence..... The winner will be management......

I always argued in favor of the profession and professionalism. Taking our woes out on passengers does not help our cause. We get paid to fly someone else's airplanes safely, efficiently, and by the rules. If we have a beef with management I'm all for meeting them at the Courthouse, or the picket line; but the front line of the battle will not be some poor passenger just trying to get home on a ticket they paid for.
I can't believe this, but I'm actually going to have to agree with Joe on this one. Sometimes it takes making the pax suffer to effect change. The ASA contract fight is a perfect example. Did the slowdown and write-up campaign towards the end of the contract fight cause a lot of headaches for the pax? Yep, I'm sure it did. But in the end, it's what got them their new contract. If management insists on treating the employees like crap and forcing them to pay for something that they haven't previously been required to pay for, then I can't blame them for trying to fly slow and make the money up. Management needs to understand that there are unintended consequences for treating your employees this way. I understand that you're trying to protect your company, but the feeder guys are already underpaid, and you can't expect them to just take another hit to their income by being forced to pay to get to work.

My error in editing - it was unclear. I did not take a 50% pay cut. But my point was, those who have are more concerned with their pay than non rev fees.

They may care if the DCI carriers slow down and harm Delta passengers...... That isn't something that Delta needs right now..... Maybe this fire should prevented rather than allow it to become another out of contol wild fire..... A little prevention goes a long way......

PCL: Come on now. Put your money where your mouth is. After two TA's shot down, crap wages for FO's, attempted 90 seat scope, a couple of hostages and I've read nothing about AirTran pilots putting pressure on their Company.

"They" did. Read it again.

I read it, and I understand what you said....... They will take more paycuts if DCI pilots do something that hurts Delta Air Lines......

The paycut that a senior Delta pilot took is more than most regional captains make in a year, and is more than a new hire regional makes 3 years.... Don't use that as an excuse........

PCL: Come on now. Put your money where your mouth is. After two TA's shot down, crap wages for FO's, attempted 90 seat scope, a couple of hostages and I've read nothing about AirTran pilots putting pressure on their Company.

If they did, the Air Tran TA would get settled real quick fins..... It does work.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back