Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ, FREEDOM, and ASA pilots need to stick together on this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are being charged the non rev rate to jumpseat because Delta's policy is to check in passriders for the jumpseat using the PPR number.

According to SH, they don't know how to fix the "glitch" and have no time frame of doing so. So yes, we're being charged to ride "your" jumpseat.

After it became clear that there was no way around the glitch in the short run the SkyWest J/S coordinator made some kind of stink and now we ride for free until the glitch is fixed. Have you talked to yours? If not, make sure he has talked to ours, maybe y'all can get the same. Its not as good our old bennies, but it beats the hell out of paying for the jump.

After it became clear that there was no way around the glitch in the short run the SkyWest J/S coordinator made some kind of stink and now we ride for free until the glitch is fixed. Have you talked to yours? If not, make sure he has talked to ours, maybe y'all can get the same. Its not as good our old bennies, but it beats the hell out of paying for the jump.

Doug,

Same thing here.... ASA/Skywest management are trying to stop this, and it has been postponed yet again....It is now supposed to go into affect on Jan 15, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it change again.....

As to the original poster, if the price has come down to .7 cents per mile, that means things are moving in the right direction.... It was supposed to be 1 cent per mile.....

Let's ALL (ASA/Skywest/Mesa/CHQ/XJT/PCL) put pressure on Delta to not charge us to non-rev.... Let's do it with or without ALPA......

Every Delta employee or DCI employee has to pay $50 a year for passes. I guess I am paying for my jumpseat too...

Bye Bye--General Lee

If we jumpseat and then flow back we pay the non-rev fee. It's not the same.

Got a email today about a change in flight benefits. WE(all the above) now have to pay to "non-rev" on delta. $5 + .007 per mile one-way($11 from MCO-JFK). i know its not a lot, but that bull********************. IF they are looking for a way to "nickel and dime" then delta is going about it allll wrong. We need to stand up and complain to MGT about this and maybe delta will listen if ASA, Freedom, and CHQ all agree that it is unfair.... And if nothing is done, then we'll have to use the power of the pen(write-ups) and follow suit with United pilots until Delta gets the hint.
I don't see where the problem is. Start denying Delta pilots and I guarantee the word will get out and their pilot group will bitch enough to get Delta to change their poilicy. This really is a bad thing Delta is doing and I say rub it in their face till they change it. Just has to be done. If this is true, and I am going to find out if it is, then there will be no more Delta pilots riding along on my flights.

That will probably get more interesting than you want it to, real quick.

That will probably get more interesting than you want it to, real quick.

Your response to this whole thing should be "This stinks!! I'm gonna call my MEC to see what we can do about it!"

And I believe ASA pilots would come out ahead on a jumpseat pee contest due to the number of cabin seats involved, so lighten up Francis and help us out here rather than sit there and gloat!!

I know the change in policy blows, but your own management is who you should be talking to. They could have eaten the increase, but they choose to pass it along, just like they do with rising insurance costs every year.

I know the change in policy blows, but your own management is who you should be talking to. They could have eaten the increase, but they choose to pass it along, just like they do with rising insurance costs every year.

Wrong answer..... It is Delta that implemented this policy....I don't want my carrier to pick up the cost..... Unless the mainline pilots want to start paying to fly on us..... That would be fair don't ya think......????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back