Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ, FREEDOM, and ASA pilots need to stick together on this!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL: Come on now. Put your money where your mouth is. After two TA's shot down, crap wages for FO's, attempted 90 seat scope, a couple of hostages and I've read nothing about AirTran pilots putting pressure on their Company.
You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Joe - can not believe a Captain is talking about harming the passengers in his care. Regardless of the crap this profession dishes out, our fight has to be waged in the Courthouses and the Picket Lines.

Delta is whacking CMR because it is contractually restricted elsewhere. Delta would like to make more cuts right now. If a contractor were in material breach it would give Delta an excuse to do what they are inclined to do anyway.

Last edited:
Joe - can not believe a Captain is talking about harming the passengers in his care. Regardless of the crap this profession dishes out, our fight has to be waged in the Courthouses and the Picket Lines.
We've tried that fight over and over again, Fins. The courthouses are on management's side, and we can't even get to the picket lines because of the NMB and yes, the courthouses. The fight that works is the fight on the line.

A picket line doesn't harm passengers?

I'm sorry fins, but "work to rule" is extremely effective.....

I can't believe you are siding with rude cheap passengers who think you make too much money....

There is always collatoral damage in any war.....

Nobody is talking about "harming" passengers.... in fact, things are extremely safe during a "WOE" campaign....

Sorry, but you guys riding for free on my airplane, while I have to pay to ride on your airplane doesn't sit well with most DCI pilots..... Show me that ALPA can actually do something that promotes unity for a change....This isn't doing it....

I've got no problem with "by the book." What I objected to is a Captain saying he was going to intentionally fly off plan to try to increase block enough to pay for his personal travel. That is unprofessional, and potentially dangerous, given what he operates.

If he wants to fly at .70 and that is what the airline says saves fuel, more power to him. (or less power to him, as the case may be).... meanwhile at .70 AirTran will complain and Southwest will get cleared to fly over us at 410 and .85 burning hedged fuel :rolleyes:

Joe - I agree you should not have to pay to fly on DL. It is dumb and causes more problems than it fixes. You know how ASA used to have many managers trying to justify promotions? Well Delta's got them too and someone came up with this Award of Excellence winner. Have your Rep work on negotiating something, I know that on the DL side there are people taking up the JS issue for YOUR pilots.

Last edited:
I've got no problem with "by the book." What I objected to is a Captain saying he was going to intentionally fly off plan to try to increase block enough to pay for his personal travel.

If he wants to fly at .70 and that is what the airline says saves fuel, more power to him. (or less power to him, as the case may be)

.... meanwhile at .70 AirTran will complain and Southwest will get cleared to fly over us at 410.

Nobody is really talking about "flying off course"..... There are many more ways to make it up..... How about an ATR filed at 210 to AGS.....

"Work to rule" would inconvenience your Delta passengers...... or as you say "harm" them..... Would you support that? How about we just put a stop to this before it gets out of hand..... That would be better for ALL parties.....

Joe - I agree you should not have to pay to fly on DL. It is dumb and causes more problems than it fixes. You know how ASA used to have many managers trying to justify promotions? Well Delta's got them too and someone came up with this Award of Excellence winner. Have your Rep work on negotiating something, I know that on the DL side there are people taking up the JS issue for YOUR pilots.

..... I suspect the Delta MEC is trying to avoid a jumpseat war if they are really do anything..... As far as the non-rev issue, our MEC can't negotiate with Delta management...... remember that little lawsuit thing that you supported...... It would have to be the Delta MEC that does something.... The ASA pilots will just take things into their own hands....

My management agrees that this is a stupid policy..... it wasn't their idea.......In fact, Skywest had to fight to prevent Delta people from having priority on ASA/Skywest aircraft.....

As a resolution to that litigation mechanisms were built into ALPA National's procedures. If any of these rumored mergers take place they will have plenty to talk about.

As a resolution to that litigation mechanisms were built into ALPA National's procedures. If any of these rumored mergers take place they will have plenty to talk about.

On that point I agree..... I think some things of value were gained.... Time will tell.....

However my point was regarding your point that the pass issue should be negotiated by the ASA MEC...As you are well aware, the ASA MEC can only negotiate with ASA/Skywest management according to ALPA.... ASA/Skywest management would gladly agree to allowing us to fly free on Delta, or to charging Delta employees to ride on ASA.... They aren't the problem here.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back