CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wheelsup said:
Mesa and AWAC already operate 90 seat (or close to it) aircraft. Sooner or later the "majors" will be nothing other than corporate shells subcontracting all of their flying...

~wheelsup

I think the nail has been hit squarely. The majors here will operate the jumps over the pond but not much coast to coast.

Why do regional pilots want their companies to fly bigger jets? Thats career suicide i think. We will all be regional pilots forever if you dont stop thinking this way. I want to fly a bigger plane to someday but not for 5 or 10 bucks more an hour. Downward spiral and its all of our faults if we dont do something about it. My 2 cents worth.

Actually it could be a ploy to get MDA guys to jump at the next offer for a class. They only got 2 rats from the first 2 rounds while everyone else stood strong.

For the visual - look at my avatar . . .

"Follow me and do what I say, I'll take this airline to hell, er um, ahem,. . . heaven and back!

Nope, it's Lou Siffer.

Lou works at CHQ though.

pilotpayne said:
So my question is why would chq get the 190's without anyone else putting in a bid for them? I would hope awac would get a chance to bid for it.....

Our CEO is simply using this as a tactic to get us to jump. We are not jumping anywhere, not without some serious issues being adressed first. The 190's are going to RAH, no doubt about it. No other carrier would have the program, ops specs, manuals, and runs done in a timely enough fashion. You don't just up and start flying a new aircraft type next week.;) It takes time to get it approved. RAH is set up and already in bed with Airways on this,;) but our CEO wants us to panic, giving mgmnt the upper hand. We aint buyin'. Why should we, the 190's are coming whether we bite or not, and the LOA-91 will be ratified.

That is funny the deal to put all the MDA employees on the street is not even finished and bedford is already putting the screws to CHQ. Still think you wont be "outsourced"?

Superpilot92 said:
Why do regional pilots want their companies to fly bigger jets? Thats career suicide i think. We will all be regional pilots forever if you dont stop thinking this way. I want to fly a bigger plane to someday but not for 5 or 10 bucks more an hour. Downward spiral and its all of our faults if we dont do something about it. My 2 cents worth.

Superpilot - you cracked the code, thanks. Unfortunately, too many yahoos only care about the here and now, not the future.

Last edited:
Superpilot92 said:
Why do regional pilots want their companies to fly bigger jets? Thats career suicide i think. We will all be regional pilots forever if you dont stop thinking this way. I want to fly a bigger plane to someday but not for 5 or 10 bucks more an hour. Downward spiral and its all of our faults if we dont do something about it. My 2 cents worth.[/QUOTE

2 weeks ago (and many times before this) we had an MEC meeting in PHL and our (MDA/AAA) pilots and LEC reps tried to explain this too Mr. Pollock (AAA chairman) but all he could do was sit back in his chair dressed like he just came from the yatch club and swing his gavel around and looking totally uninterested in the whole deal.

I was almost going to jump from my chair and beat Mr.P over his mellon head with his gavel upon hearing some of the stuff that he said.

These guys aren't gonna learn until U contracts out the 737 and Airbus flying.

This is why i've been trying to say that the MDA and CHQ guys should get together and work something out so when U hits the remaining mainline guys with contracting out the 73's and bus's we can sit back and watch them scream bloody murder while we lay back in our chairs swing our gavels around like we could care less.

Latest resources

Back