• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just remember, if you want bigger aircraft, go to the big boys. If you think you need to fly the e190, expect to be paid regional wages. I am not trying to flame you, but lowering the bar does'nt get you to the majors. Only lowereing the bar and lowering your career expectations.

I think the e190 will show up on a few major's lot, but only if the regional pilots make it too expensive on the crew side. ask for the moon to flyh it. Make sure you ask for pay rate equal to the majors,. SOmewhere around $150 per hour ca and $120 for fo

Kaman said:
Hello,
If what you all are saying is true, it can't be good for us new hires at PSA. I am hoping that when the music stops after the merger news is formalize we will all have a place to sit.

Relax.

If you are online yet, come by my office, I'll explain it!
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

BoilerUP said:
Why do some people assume CHQ pilots are dancing in the streets and ready to abbrogate their contract just to fly bigger planes because of this memo? Nobody wants to fly E-190s at RAH. I think its safe to say every pilot wants to see 90 seat and larger planes at mainline at mainline wages (many would say that about 70 seaters too). However, if those planes are going to be flown at the regional level, then RAH will fly them.

And if you *really* think that the pilot group of any airline would say "WE DON'T WANT GROWTH AND BIGGER AIRPLANES" and that'll keep them or another airline from flying them, I've got some beachfront property to sell ya.

Look at Jet Blue's 190 rates though. Those aren't mainline pay rates either. Those are regional rates. They are the same as CHQ's as far as captain rates go. I don't think you'll ever see these aircraft flown for mainline rates.

BenderGonzales said:
yeah right. Apparently you dont actually SPEAK to your F/Os -- 99% of whome would step on their own mother to get an upgrade.

Chautauqua Airlines: Some call it Shiny-Jet-Syndrom - We call it, "Our Only Shot at Flying the Big Rigs"

You've got it alll figured out. :rolleyes:

whome??

99% weren't even here when the last contract was signed, ignoramous.

LearLove said:
Superpilot92 said:
Why do regional pilots want their companies to fly bigger jets? Thats career suicide i think. We will all be regional pilots forever if you dont stop thinking this way. I want to fly a bigger plane to someday but not for 5 or 10 bucks more an hour. Downward spiral and its all of our faults if we dont do something about it. My 2 cents worth.[/QUOTE

2 weeks ago (and many times before this) we had an MEC meeting in PHL and our (MDA/AAA) pilots and LEC reps tried to explain this too Mr. Pollock (AAA chairman) but all he could do was sit back in his chair dressed like he just came from the yatch club and swing his gavel around and looking totally uninterested in the whole deal.

I was almost going to jump from my chair and beat Mr.P over his mellon head with his gavel upon hearing some of the stuff that he said.

These guys aren't gonna learn until U contracts out the 737 and Airbus flying.

This is why i've been trying to say that the MDA and CHQ guys should get together and work something out so when U hits the remaining mainline guys with contracting out the 73's and bus's we can sit back and watch them scream bloody murder while we lay back in our chairs swing our gavels around like we could care less.

Well said Lear! I agree both pilot groups need to get together and arm ourselves for this upcoming battle.

What is the Company going to do for us to sweeten the deal? Bump pay rates (not likely), settle grievances, improve contract language, etc.

Although I believe the 190 should be a mainline aircraft flown by mainline crews at mainline rates, it is a fact that 190's are coming, like it or not. GECAS ordered 25 of them on 6-23-05. Wonder where they're going?

IMHO, BB's letter was simply posturing. This is a done deal as far as a/c orders go. The 25 orders for the E190 will enable Republic Airways Holdings to take all of the pilots from MDA in a J4J deal, which was discussed a few weeks ago when the asset sale/change of control issue first surfaced. BB said himself that in order to take all of the MDA guys, we would need at least 25 growth aircraft in addition to the current J4J agreement.

No matter what, we need to stick together on this and not waver. I believe the Company has something to gain but a lot more to lose on this and perhaps we can finally make a stand.

Jack Mahogoff said:
LearLove said:
Well said Lear! I agree both pilot groups need to get together and arm ourselves for this upcoming battle.

What is the Company going to do for us to sweeten the deal? Bump pay rates (not likely), settle grievances, improve contract language, etc.

Although I believe the 190 should be a mainline aircraft flown by mainline crews at mainline rates, it is a fact that 190's are coming, like it or not. GECAS ordered 25 of them on 6-23-05. Wonder where they're going?

IMHO, BB's letter was simply posturing. This is a done deal as far as a/c orders go. The 25 orders for the E190 will enable Republic Airways Holdings to take all of the pilots from MDA in a J4J deal, which was discussed a few weeks ago when the asset sale/change of control issue first surfaced. BB said himself that in order to take all of the MDA guys, we would need at least 25 growth aircraft in addition to the current J4J agreement.

No matter what, we need to stick together on this and not waver. I believe the Company has something to gain but a lot more to lose on this and perhaps we can finally make a stand.

I agree, I think it may just be some kind of ploy. And if it does happen then I rather work out some kind of integration instead of J4J because if the 190's do come there will never be any going back to mainline.

Thats where I disagree... Integration. J4J was fair for the guys who are here now, and will be just as fair for the guys to come. If there is any integration, noone should be above the J4J guys that are already here.

I appreciate the offer to come by and have it explained by a cp. I have better things to do with my time. I hope your career expectaions are what you expect. good luck.

e190 is not a regional A/c.

BoilerUP said:
I think its safe to say every pilot wants to see 90 seat and larger planes at mainline at mainline wages (many would say that about 70 seaters too). .

It sounds like maybe you have missed the fact that "mainline wages" for this equipment are currently lower than "regional wages".

It may be "safe" to say what you said but it isn't accurate. Why would I want to fly this or any other airplane at "mainline" for less money?

Latest resources

Back