CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Superpilot92 said:
Why do regional pilots want their companies to fly bigger jets? Thats career suicide i think. We will all be regional pilots forever if you dont stop thinking this way. I want to fly a bigger plane to someday but not for 5 or 10 bucks more an hour. Downward spiral and its all of our faults if we dont do something about it. My 2 cents worth.

Why do some people assume CHQ pilots are dancing in the streets and ready to abbrogate their contract just to fly bigger planes because of this memo? Nobody wants to fly E-190s at RAH. I think its safe to say every pilot wants to see 90 seat and larger planes at mainline at mainline wages (many would say that about 70 seaters too). However, if those planes are going to be flown at the regional level, then RAH will fly them.

And if you *really* think that the pilot group of any airline would say "WE DON'T WANT GROWTH AND BIGGER AIRPLANES" and that'll keep them or another airline from flying them, I've got some beachfront property to sell ya.

Okay time for a fact check. Why is there an LOA in the first place? The contract has an established 90 seat pay rate, so what membership approval must exist to fly these 'little' airplanes?

Tell you what IBT if you guys do start flying 190's you better have your sh!t together in '07 when Bedford has to go back to the table. We are screwing this profession if collectively we allow Jetblue rates be the new benchmark for 90-100 seats. You'll have my support both morally and monetarily if need be.

nimtz said:
Okay time for a fact check. Why is there an LOA in the first place? The contract has an established 90 seat pay rate, so what membership approval must exist to fly these 'little' airplanes?

Our current LOA allows for 32 J4J airplanes. This 190 deal will exceed that number, so it requires our approval to increase the number of J4J aircraft on property.

Our pilot group is unified in that we do NOT want these airplanes. We have so many issues with the company not following our contract, that we intend to use this vote as leverage to get our contractual issues settled before we vote to accept these aircraft.

It also doesn't require a genius to see that if we don't fly these airplanes...someone else will and for cheaper(Mesa). Rest assured...if we vote yes to this...we will be getting a lot more from the company than just more airplanes.

yeah right. Apparently you dont actually SPEAK to your F/Os -- 99% of whome would step on their own mother to get an upgrade.

Chautauqua Airlines:
Some call it Shiny-Jet-Syndrom - We call it, "Our Only Shot at Flying the Big Rigs"

I feel AWAC has a very good chance of operating these 25 aircraft if they want them. They are the only regional to have a seat on the board and even put up 125million, second largest owner in US Airways. My money is on AWAC!

I don't know it would be a whole new type for us.
I would hope so but chautauqua always seems to sneak in somewhere.
I think this bb guy is pretty shrewd, I just hope the boys in appleton don't let this one go as well.

Elvis77 said:
I feel AWAC has a very good chance of operating these 25 aircraft if they want them. They are the only regional to have a seat on the board and even put up 125million, second largest owner in US Airways. My money is on AWAC!

BS. AWAC may get CRJ900's but the 190's, I doubt it. The 3 Amigos are too damn conservative and I know CHQ can do it cheaper. But I can see it now. "Hey guys you have to fly them for 50 seat rates otherwise CHQ will get em all."

its time to grow some balls...

lionflyer said:
BS. AWAC may get CRJ900's but the 190's, I doubt it. The 3 Amigos are too dang conservative and I know CHQ can do it cheaper. But I can see it now. "Hey guys you have to fly them for 50 seat rates otherwise CHQ will get em all."

Better not go for those P.O.S. CRJ 900's, E190 is better all round.

Latest resources

Back