CHQ E190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bdfg1

How much is the CHQ pilot group willing to fly mainline size a/c for?

"We received informal news today from US Airways and America West that they are sending out a formal request for proposal for a regional carrier to operate up to 25 E190s for the merged carrier. Our current agreement with US Airways contemplated Republic operating these aircraft for them, but our CBA with the IBT does not presently allow us the ability to do that. We have asked our IBT to approve a side letter amending our CBA to allow Republic to operate the E190. Had we already had this side letter completed we would not now be in the situation of having to compete with Mesa, Skywest and Air Wisconsin for flying that was already coming our way. If we do not get a side letter passed by the end of August we will lose any opportunity to operate the E190 for Airways. I am strongly encouraging the IBT pilot council to get this out and ratified quickly."

Mesa and AWAC already operate 90 seat (or close to it) aircraft. Sooner or later the "majors" will be nothing other than corporate shells subcontracting all of their flying...

~wheelsup

...aside from the fact that CHQ won't be flying them. Either Republic or Shuttle America will. They'll be flown under the CHQ pilots' contracted rates even if the pilots in question will not work for CHQ.

To answer the question, though, the rates are available in the same place everyone else's rates are, airlinepilotcentral.com.

Bdfg1 said:

"We received informal news today from US Airways and America West that they are sending out a formal request for proposal for a regional carrier to operate up to 25 E190s for the merged carrier. Our current agreement with US Airways contemplated Republic operating these aircraft for them, but our CBA with the IBT does not presently allow us the ability to do that. We have asked our IBT to approve a side letter amending our CBA to allow Republic to operate the E190. Had we already had this side letter completed we would not now be in the situation of having to compete with Mesa, Skywest and Air Wisconsin for flying that was already coming our way. If we do not get a side letter passed by the end of August we will lose any opportunity to operate the E190 for Airways. I am strongly encouraging the IBT pilot council to get this out and ratified quickly."

This sounds like it is from Blowhard Bedford. That guy is always going over the Union's head to make himself look good.

"The sky is falling the sky is falling! We're going to go out of business!!!!"

And it's all YOUR fault you evil CHQ pilots. Everything good is because of the "Management Team" and everything bad is because of the flight crews not bending over far enough.

*rolls eyes*

Last edited:
Bdfg1 said:

Come on boy, come on. Jump for the stick boy, come on boy, JUMP! That's a good boy!!!

*Sigh* What exactly are we building 'turbine PIC' for? This profession in the US is absolutely screwed...:(

Last edited:
Nothing beats a good race to the bottom. I guess everybody wants to fly a mainline jet without actually making it to mainline.

Hey BDFG1, let's keep our inter-company mail in the family.

And yes, our CEO was quick to say that he fears Delta will use Mesa as leverage. Thanks Mesa

So my question is why would chq get the 190's without anyone else putting in a bid for them? I would hope awac would get a chance to bid for it.....

ASH said:
Hey BDFG1, let's keep our inter-company mail in the family.

And yes, our CEO was quick to say that he fears Delta will use Mesa as leverage. Thanks Mesa

In the family? Working for CHQ isn't supposed to be like joining a frat. Get over it man. It was only a matter of time before this got out.

I would tell Bedford that I'm 'petrified' of Mesa winning the war. Heaven forbid I can't take part in the replacement of another mainline career. Maybe Bedford could cut costs some by operating a few less certificates in order to kill some redundancy.

Hello,
If what you all are saying is true, it can't be good for us new hires at PSA. I am hoping that when the music stops after the merger news is formalize we will all have a place to sit.

Latest resources

Back