Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guam360 said:
jumppilot,

we fly CVG-NAS, CVG-FLL, CVG-DFW, DFW-ORD, CVG-MCO,CVG-SAT......etc.

no difference....

Will you still think it is "no difference" when the flights you listed are replaced by CHQ and you wind up on the street?

Pull your head out.

Not so fast.

Surplus,

I think that guam360 was refering to the length of the flight to be operated in comparison to some of the Comair flights. I don't think he was refering in any way to the astounding labor issue involved.

ATL

Re: Not so fast.

ATL2CDG said:
Surplus,

I think that guam360 was refering to the length of the flight to be operated in comparison to some of the Comair flights. I don't think he was refering in any way to the astounding labor issue involved.

ATL

I hope you are correct. Let's see what he says.

The length of the flight is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I don't care how far CHQ or anybody else flys. I do care about being replaced by another airline subcontractor that is the "lowest bidder".

There are 3 Delta, Inc. subsidiaries. Delta Air Lines, ASA and Comair. I don't want to see ANY of that flying farmed out to anyone for any reason. As an ASA employee, I hope you share that view.

Last edited:
Look at the thread.

My being correct is almost certain. Look at the thread. Guam360 was responding to jumppilot who said "long flight. hmmmm." after quoting one of the flights from the release. Guam360 then listed several long haul flights operated by Comair and said "no difference" to the fact that Comair operates long flights, just as CHQ will with the CMH service.

In terms of the labor issue involved with this, as a lowly cabin attendant with ASA, I concur with you completely. I support the wholly-owneds and do not enjoy seeing DCI opening the gates to the vultures. I have nothing at the pilots at CHQ, but of course, I completely disagree with the way management at DCI is treating ComASA like the plague. Until I see uniformity (or at least parity) in pay, benefits and respect, I'll continue to rally to the cause of ComASA and shun those bottom feeders who reeps the spoils of our success.

Re: Look at the thread.

ATL2CDG said:

............as a lowly cabin attendant with ASA, .....

As a Captain, I take exception to that statement. There is nothing "lowly" about a cabin attendant! You are an essential, respected and very important member of the crew. Without your efforts, it would be impossible for me to do my job and my safety and that of our passengers would be severely compromised.

We don't work for the same "shell" company, but I'm confident that most of my peers at ASA feel as I do. I am certain they they all do at Comair.

Regards,

PS. Thanks for your comments on the thread. I see your point and stand corrected. Apologies to Guam360.

Folks, I was just pointing out the misprint in the schedule!

Flight 6351 is listed as a 13+ hour flight.

Let me make sure I understand this scene before I join the ranks of regional pilots and their frustration.

1. Big airline sees good opportunity ($$$$) on a potential route.

2. Big airline management sees that if they give it to a wholly
owned airline (ASA) it will cost $$$. Big airline scratches head.

3. Big airline secrectly scans the fruited plain for a small
independent airline (CHQ) to fly the route for $ instead of
$$$.

4. Agreement is reached between small and big. Small makes $
and big makes $$$.

5. Wholly owned makes $0.

6. Wow.

Thank you.

Surplus,

Thank you. I wish more pilots and travellers felt the same.

ATL

Re: Re: Look at the thread.

surplus1 said:
PS. Thanks for your comments on the thread. I see your point and stand corrected. Apologies to Guam360.

Will you still think it is "no difference" when the flights you listed are replaced by CHQ and you wind up on the street?

Pull your head out.

I do care about being replaced by another airline subcontractor that is the "lowest bidder".

There are 3 Delta, Inc. subsidiaries. Delta Air Lines, ASA and Comair. I don't want to see ANY of that flying farmed out to anyone for any reason. As an ASA employee, I hope you share that view.

along those same lines, i think you need to re-read my post and think about what i was saying.

perhaps then you will realize that i feel the same way you do and you will regret pm'ing me that diatribe this morning...

**we fly CVG-NAS, CVG-FLL, CVG-DFW, DFW-ORD, CVG-MCO,CVG-SAT......etc. **

Goes to show you that maybe some ML people have a point with saying "Theres Nothing Regional About A Regional Jet"?

As for you'r work getting farmed out, well I think you Comair and ASA people should have done whatever you could while this CHQ thing was just a rumor.

I hope you don't end up like the U WO.

Good Luck

ATL2CDG & Anaconda,
Thanks for your support,

ATL2CDG is correct, I was stating similarities in length of flight, I assumed that "jumppilot" wasn't an airline pilot and pointed out similar flight segments.

Take it easy Surplus1, we are all flying airplanes for a living, we haven't much control over what owners do to us , wait a minute, I am just feeding Surplus1 for more comments...

No disrespect to jumppilot!

I didn't care for your PM either Surplus1.

I am gonna stop responding, you know some of us just like helping others find info they are seeking and we just may have the answers, that's why we are here, to help each other and keep each other informed. This is a great resource for everyone.

Latest resources

Back