Chitako/Continental Deal Not Done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
I'd much rather see MAG fly these routes than CHQ. At least we're in the same union,

Yeah more CHEAP flying at Mesa. Can’t wait! I would rather see the flying going to an Alpha carrier as well, even if it sacrifices quality and continues the race. Are you on crack? Don’t you remember that the only good thing about CHQ getting the contract is that it meant that CAL was more interested in quality that the absolute rock bottom bid? Smart thinking like yours is gonna make this industry better. Hey when is you running for Alpha pres? Hang in their Xjet guys your management group is one of the best out their and they will succeed with the 69 jets.

Our management made the best move given the cards they were delt.... what should they have done? Given the planes back, just to give more back later? BTW, I don't think they're really gonna do their own branded flying.... I think they've got feed agreements they're working on. Even if they have branded flying with their 69 a/c, they still have 205 airplanes with which CAL is paying them 10% margin on. Indy had 89 airplanes to start with all by itself, with no guarenteed profits. Obviously there's a difference in situations between the two carriers... .I don't understand
1.) why (some, not all) CHQ people don't see this and
2.) why (some, not all) are wishing the demise of XJET people (Jealousy? that our guys flying 145's make more than their guys flying 170's?)

Good luck to all of those wishing bad on XJET people... you should be ashamed of yourselves. And for the minority at CHQ wishing bad on XJET people, haven't you done enough bad for your fellow pilots by flying for sub-par compensation?

1.) why (some, not all) CHQ people don't see this and
2.) why (some, not all) are wishing the demise of XJET people (Jealousy? that our guys flying 145's make more than their guys flying 170's?)

Good luck to all of those wishing bad on XJET people... you should be ashamed of yourselves. And for the minority at CHQ wishing bad on XJET people, haven't you done enough bad for your fellow pilots by flying for sub-par compensation?[/quote]

I don't know anyone at CHQ who wishes bad on Xjet people - I wish the best to you guys and hopefully they will find flying for all those aircraft-
Unfortunately none of us as pilots have any control over our career advancement -- it is all up to our airline management -

As for compensation, it appears to me that our pay scales are very similar - which neither is what it should be -- how can you say it is so different -
CHQ is actually higher as longevity increases -
3 year Captain - Xjet145 -$62, CHQ145-$61, CHQ170-$64
18 year Captain - Xjet145 -$92, CHQ145-$95, CHQ170-$99

bjriggs17 said:
As for compensation, it appears to me that our pay scales are very similar - which neither is what it should be -- how can you say it is so different -
CHQ is actually higher as longevity increases -
3 year Captain - Xjet145 -$62, CHQ145-$61, CHQ170-$64
18 year Captain - Xjet145 -$92, CHQ145-$95, CHQ170-$99

Last I looked, the 170 hauls an extra 20 peeps or so and with that "Ex-Plus" bull******************** (which is actually a very nice way to fly by the way), I have to ask: shouldnt the flight crew be paid a bit more than +$2 over XJT's 145 rates??? You also have to compare the contracts/work rules...dont think XJT gets shined out on that one.

do we have to rehash the contract BS again? the contracts are not comparable because they were negotiated under completely different circumstances. XJET guys, get off your high horse. yes you have great work rules, i wonder if you would have been able to get those while staring down an non-union whipsaw airline? probably not, get over yourselves.

Apache 5 said:
Last I looked, the 170 hauls an extra 20 peeps or so and with that "Ex-Plus" bull******************** (which is actually a very nice way to fly by the way), I have to ask: shouldnt the flight crew be paid a bit more than +$2 over XJT's 145 rates??? You also have to compare the contracts/work rules...dont think XJT gets shined out on that one.

No one is disputing that we should all be paid far better than we do...

The first comment was "(Jealousy? that our guys flying 145's make more than their guys flying 170's?)"

This is not the case, though you are right... the pay is not what it should be. I'm no contract expert, but the wide gap at CHQ between pay for 135/140 vs 145 flying should have correlated to a similar spread moving up to the 170. - there's the bigger crime actually... STL based people on the 140 get crap pay per hour (but incidentally have some of the best lines and days off in the company due to good pairings). This a separately screwy problem with 135/145 people as the 145 bases are pay protected when they fly the 135, but the FLL(for a week more?) and MCO 135 base people get paid based on what aircraft they're flying that leg. It's pretty disappointing, and only a little solace can be found in the relatively *better* payscale for those who have been in the company for 15+ years... under 20 people in all. No real help for 99% of us.

Good luck with the 69 aircraft, XJET people.

thowe21 said:
Yeah more CHEAP flying at Mesa. Can’t wait! I would rather see the flying going to an Alpha carrier as well, even if it sacrifices quality and continues the race. Are you on crack? Don’t you remember that the only good thing about CHQ getting the contract is that it meant that CAL was more interested in quality that the absolute rock bottom bid? Smart thinking like yours is gonna make this industry better. Hey when is you running for Alpha pres? Hang in their Xjet guys your management group is one of the best out their and they will succeed with the 69 jets.

I knew that comment would really bother you RAH guys. Sorry, but it's true.

c-wood75 said:
and kotex and their emotional management will give the jets back with their tail between their legs along with massive furloughs...
I predict that you are they type of person who thinks they know everything, but you really haven't a clue.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

The Problem in this industry is the fan-boyism. Anytime someone attacks airline X you get the people who try and stand up for it. That whats wrong, Regionals shouldn't be a place that you like to work at and should just be there to get your pic and get out ASAP. The problem I don't understand is when someone attacks your airline you feel the need to come to its defense. If the upgrade time at an airline is 2 years, there should be no reason why you should be there more than 4. Remember these are just temporary

Latest resources

Back