Chitako/Continental Deal Not Done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AdamKooper said:
The Problem in this industry is the fan-boyism. Anytime someone attacks airline X you get the people who try and stand up for it. That whats wrong, Regionals shouldn't be a place that you like to work at and should just be there to get your pic and get out ASAP. The problem I don't understand is when someone attacks your airline you feel the need to come to its defense. If the upgrade time at an airline is 2 years, there should be no reason why you should be there more than 4. Remember these are just temporary
Yeah I’m planning on going to a majors to fly a dc9! Oh wait that market has be outsourced to the “commuters” flying crj900‘s. Well I sure hope mesa doesn’t use that 73 certificate that they have. When are you going to realize that this job might not be all that temporary? I would like to see how many pilots there are at the majors and how many at the regional, but I’m too lazy to do it my self. My guess is that there are more regional pilot than there are major pilots.

BankAccount=0$ said:
I'm sure it will be lost on the masses here on FlightInfo.com, but wouldn't it make more sense since we are all simply contractors to the majors to open a dialouge towards securing a future for ourselves as airline pilots. The "Regionals" are no longer a stepping stone towards a career with a legacy carrier. Whether we like it or not, there are fewer jobs available at the high end of the airline food chain. Everytime a 70-90 seat airframe is put online at a "regional" airline the goal of working for a "major" airline gets farther away. We as "regional" airline pilots are our own worst enemy, we revel in our respective companies gaining flying at any cost for a quick upgrade only to ignore the ramifications that it has on the industry as a whole. If you are going to fly an aircraft that is replacing a mainline aircraft then you shold be paid a equivalent amount for the capacity that said aircraft has replaced for the mainline partner.

Simply put, we are replacing the very jobs that we so desperatly seek. In the grand scheme of things (mainline) management has won, they convinced the senior pilots to allow scope relief to protect their jobs/pensions (at least what's left of them), and they found willing partners (ie, the regional carriers) to replace the junior pilots required to serve the market share they so desperately want to retain for a defacto B-scale wage.

We can cry all we want about how the union is doing nothing for us lowly regional pilots, but the fact remains that we are, and will continue to be our own worst enemy. Untill we as a whole decide to value our profession and as a result our earning potential above a municipal trash collector we will continue to be paid a sub-standard wage.

I'll be the first to say that I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I can see the writing on the wall. The "regionals" are going to be a place where you may spend a long time working and waiting for your big break. I'm just saying that if we're going to continue to replace jobs at the mainline level, we should be paid accordingly. The growth/ quick upgrade carrot is not enough to sell your future down the river.

Truth. But what must happen is keybank has to stop making it easy to finance your flight training. Also all these flight academies waving shiny jets in front of bug eyed kids need to go out of business. the only reason our salaries are so low is that there are so many pilots right now. until something changes with that, there is no hope of better wages and qol. IMHO

the truth that perspective students need to know is that 50-80% of all your pay is going to the loan just to pay for that stupid uniform and the illusion of success that this career affords you. it is all an illusion.

Suupah,
I am one of those "kids" you speak about. I was wondering if you could tell me If having 20 days of this month is an illusion.

RCA said:
Suupah,
I am one of those "kids" you speak about. I was wondering if you could tell me If having 20 days of this month is an illusion.

20 days off a month is an illusion. Seriously

RCA said:
Suupah,

You work part time hours and coincindentally you get paid part time wages.

What is up with smack-tards?
1) When I swapped airport cars from Central FL to my base up north, round trip for GAS only = $270. Airtran round trip = $150 (this should explain some pay issues at any airline.)

2) 16 days off for June

From FlightGlobal.com Mesa, for one, has a large enough fleet that it will risk a stand-alone start-up in the already crowded Hawaiian inter-island market. It will also likely win new flying from another major, drawn by Mesa’s low operating costs of about $1,990 a block hour, estimates Benchmark Group’s Helane Becker. The Republic group, at about $1,600 a block hour, is the lowest, she says.

second snippet:Regional jet manufacturers Bombardier and Embraer agree that the 50-seater era is over, but differ in their approach to meeting carrier requirements for larger aircraft

Last edited:
RCA said:
Suupah,

Hey, 20 days off a month because you can't find any students doesn't count!!!!:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back