Chautauqua interviews from June 19

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAPilot

Just curious if anyone from the June 19th CHQ interview has heard from the company, good or bad, either from phone or letter? Someone mentioned to me that they might be starting a pool or pilots? Any info would be great...thanks

Two pilots I work with went to the earlier June interview and got the replies. One got it and the other got denied. No calss date though for the one who got it as far as I know.

Does it seem to anyone else like things have slowed down a lot more than forecast? A couple of months ago, several people I knew went from first submitting a resume to starting ground school in about a month flat. Now few people are getting interviews (five people I know submitted resumes over a month ago - no calls), most of those aren't hearing anything for at least a couple of weeks, and the ones who have made it through the process don't have a start date.

The official word was that they were going from two classes a month to one class a month, but right now it looks like that was optimistic. Anyone know a more definite outlook on class numbers and dates?

I don't think anyone knows about when class dates will happen. I am not sure if this effected it but the pilots did agree to 93% voted to the affirmative that they would strike. But that is a lot of preliminary stuff. Who knows the market is fickle. But one thing for sure is Chitaqua is an excellent company to work for if you can get in.

Just wondering if the people who are getting an interview had their resume walked in or did you just fill out the online app.

Any Louisiana Tech Grads. out there who can help me out with a walk in?

i think the best bet is to have it walked in, i got a call within a week when my was walked in.

Robinhood said:
Does it seem to anyone else like things have slowed down a lot more than forecast? A couple of months ago, several people I knew went from first submitting a resume to starting ground school in about a month flat. Now few people are getting interviews (five people I know submitted resumes over a month ago - no calls), most of those aren't hearing anything for at least a couple of weeks, and the ones who have made it through the process don't have a start date.

So 5 people you know submitted their resume last month and didn't get a call huh? Well considering Chautauqua gets over 350 resumes per day, that is not surprising. If you are counting, that is over 10,000 per month. ( Last number I heard)
The days of the 500-1000 hr CFI getting on is gone for the time being. CHQ is hiring MAINLINE furloughs along with "regular qualified candidates" right now. Pretty tough to compete with guys that have 4,000-7,000 hours and they know are gonna be around for the next 5 years.
Granted there is always the exception.
Having someone walk your resume seems to help.
Good luck.

I was up in IND a few days ago at the training center. Was talking to one of the pilots that usually does the tech interview, but was doing the sim that day. Said Rosa has a huge stack of resumes-and they don't stop coming. He also said that hiring was something like 40/month and it is slowing down now.

For what its worth...

Latest resources

Back