Chautauqua interviews from June 19

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJDRVR said:
So 5 people you know submitted their resume last month and didn't get a call huh? Well considering Chautauqua gets over 350 resumes per day, that is not surprising. If you are counting, that is over 10,000 per month. ( Last number I heard)

Understood - there was a lot more to the pattern than that (months on end of 100% of similar applicants submitted the same way getting calls, suddenly going to 0%). It wasn't quite as ignorant a statement as it seemed. :D

FWIW, other info says there is a contract for training one class per month at least until the end of the year.

Good job of a reality check, however. :cool:

The days of the 500-1000 hr CFI getting on is gone for the time being. CHQ is hiring MAINLINE furloughs along with "regular qualified candidates" right now. Pretty tough to compete with guys that have 4,000-7,000 hours and they know are gonna be around for the next 5 years.
Granted there is always the exception.

You correctly state that there is always the exception. After a June 10 interview, I received word that I will be in the next class. I am currently a 1040 hour CFI. I do think that my 900 hours of multi helped, but I also know that one of the guys that also got the job was a 1200 hour CFI with a lot less multi.

The day that I interviewed, there were no furloughed 121'ers -- just 1000-1500 hr. CFI's and a couple of 135 guys. The highest time guy had 2400 hours and I was the lowest -- FWIW, the guy with 2400 didn't get the job.

hey silverhawk, how did you manage those 900hours of multi with only 1050 total time? just curious.

peace.

Desiday said:
Sounds like someone's flying the Bic Roller Ball Multi Engine. Hmmm, seems shady, doesn't it?

You know, every so often I check back in on this website. And, every time I'm reminded by jacka**es like Desiday why I stay the hell away. You and so many other regulars on this site use the anonymity of the internet to toss out things you would never have the guts to say to someone's face. I mean, do you honestly think someone would be stupid enough to pencil whip hundreds of hours of multi time and then try to pass it off as legit at an airline interview?

Desiday, my name is Travis Fine. If you ever meet me and have the guts to question my integrity to my face, I'll be more than happy to show you my logbook.

Jet_Dreamer said:
hey silverhawk, how did you manage those 900hours of multi with only 1050 total time? just curious.

peace.

I have been a flight instructor at ATP for the past year -- all but five hours of instruction given has been in the Seminole. I got 140 hours of multi as a student at ATP and then another 865 as an instructor.

Silverhawk, did somebody walk your resume in? How about the other pilots with 1200 to 1800h? I am just trying to see how high is the bar in these days at Chtqa.

Thanks,

Aldo.

For what it's worth, i had a guy from ATP in my ground school last year. same thing...1200 or so total time and like 1000 of it multi.

Latest resources

Back