• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB170Pilot said:
Cant wait to hear the mexican controllers call us shuttlecraft

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhutlequaf maintain ninerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thousand

Never flown into Mexico but after listening to Aero Mexico talk going into ORD and the thread on here of mexican controllers calling you Jetlink (in their own words)

I imagine thats what its going to sound like

I dont think it will be as great as you are dreaming that it will be.

just say, "royer." They'll understand.

KingAirer said:
I dont think it will be as great as you are dreaming that it will be.

Yes, I'm confused by the elation of these E170 guys about a SLC base. Especially with the one Mexico route. You guys probably won't even overnight there... ASA doesn't to our cush destinations like Cabo and Providenciales.

I'm especially confused about the guys foaming to bid to the Delta side of the 170 operation. What's so great about it that the United side doesn't have? Are you just creaming to fly to ATL, dealing with 90 minute wheels up times each leg in after about 3 PM, not to mention all the "slow to 250 knots" and "expect holding at RMG"? Or maybe it's the eagerness to avail yourself to the comfort and plushness that is the Bada Bing lounge on D? Or, no, I get it, you want to write crap about ASA (mostly true) on the walls of the stalls in the C lounge bathroom like Comair guys do?

ASA guys are bidding out of SLC after the initial new base smell has worn off. Especially the FOs that were senior enough to hold captain when the base opened are now reconsidering and bidding back to ATL to hold CRJ captain. FO pay doesn't go far out there if you want to live somewhere nice like Park City. Seeing as how all E170 FOs right now are first-year (whereas until recently all FOs in SLC were 3rd year plus making twice what a newbie CHQ guy does), if you guys do get a base there, I'd recommend commuting to Montana. You can get a nice log cabin that would be easy on the wallet I bet.

Last edited:
I can promise you that mexico is much more of a pain than fun. Especially when the wx goes to poop. enjoy

sweptback said:
Yes, I'm confused by the elation of these E170 guys about a SLC base. Especially with the one Mexico route. You guys probably won't even overnight there... ASA doesn't to our cush destinations like Cabo and Providenciales.

I'm especially confused about the guys foaming to bid to the Delta side of the 170 operation. What's so great about it that the United side doesn't have? Are you just creaming to fly to ATL, dealing with 90 minute wheels up times each leg in after about 3 PM, not to mention all the "slow to 250 knots" and "expect holding at RMG"? Or maybe it's the eagerness to avail yourself to the comfort and plushness that is the Bada Bing lounge on D? Or, no, I get it, you want to write crap about ASA (mostly true) on the walls of the stalls in the C lounge bathroom like Comair guys do?

ASA guys are bidding out of SLC after the initial new base smell has worn off. Especially the FOs that were senior enough to hold captain when the base opened are now reconsidering and bidding back to ATL to hold CRJ captain. FO pay doesn't go far out there if you want to live somewhere nice like Park City. Seeing as how all E170 FOs right now are first-year (whereas until recently all FOs in SLC were 3rd year plus making twice what a newbie CHQ guy does), if you guys do get a base there, I'd recommend commuting to Montana. You can get a nice log cabin that would be easy on the wallet I bet.

You kinda just went with it there, didnt ya? Go with your feelings.

sweptback said:
I'm especially confused about the guys foaming to bid to the Delta side of the 170 operation. What's so great about it that the United side doesn't have?

I take it you've not had the misfortune of flying for UEX.;)

sweptback said:
Are you just creaming to fly to ATL, dealing with 90 minute wheels up times each leg in after about 3 PM, not to mention all the "slow to 250 knots" and "expect holding at...

You mean like....What happens at ORD and IAD?? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back