• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautaqua/Republic info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IIRC, for ATP mins, a landing at any airport other then you took of from can be considered a X-country.

Mike Oxlong said:
I commute and still love it. Don't count on a MDA integration (no carrier i.e. no certificate to integrate) we have a J4J that is in place.
Wishful thinking. If i were a betting man, and I am. I would say you are a 4 to 1 underdog to win the arbitration. Expect a seniority integration and some pretty pi$$ed off pilots to fly with.

J4J in already in place...a precedent has been set. No certificate, no airline, only pilots on the APL, some of who already fly for us under the J4J provisions. When you buy a used car, the previous owners (or drivers) don't come with the car, they have no leg to stand on. No chance of integration.

Mike Oxlong said:
No chance of integration.

Those MDA/J4J people won't be integrated, but half of them WILL be coming over as captains, right? And I presume they have to stay on their "own equipment" to keep that seat, as in they can't transfer over to another RAH company if they want to keep their left seat?

Close... I think its 50% total will be offered positions. Of those 50% half of those will be given capt slots.

Exactly...50% of the positions will be staffed by MDA pilots on the APL and of that 50%, 50% will be CA's 50% will be FO's. No super seniority, but protected under the provisions of the existing J4J, if USAirways cuts back they are the first to go, if Delta cuts back they stay and other people go.

pocket aces said:
Expect a seniority integration and some pretty pi$$ed off pilots to fly with.

Great attitude.

We are willing to welcome you guys here...just as we have welcomed the current J4J'ers...and this is what we can expect?

How is treating our pilot group like $hit (i.e., denying jumpseats...which has already happened several times) justified in any way, shape or form?

Unbelievable.

USAirways has called every MDA pilot to offer them a position at repugnet and all but 2 declined. They offered the class to furloughed USAir pilots that were not at MDA and initially sereral took it, but after they were properly informed NO one showed up for class. I understand that Bedford has put training on hold until the arbitrators ruling regardless of his ruling there will be no one coming over from MDA under the j4j provision. Our 15 most jr FO's have been furloughed and every single one of them declined a capt slot. Its ALL OR NONE!

StarChecker said:
Great attitude.

We are willing to welcome you guys here...just as we have welcomed the current J4J'ers...and this is what we can expect?

How is treating our pilot group like $hit (i.e., denying jumpseats...which has already happened several times) justified in any way, shape or form?

Unbelievable.

The IBT had every opportunity to give a fair integration to the MDA pilots. Your selfish group offered us this.....

- 50% of the current position staffed at MDA
- A Staple of all pilots
- PayCut of about $5/hr for all positions
- Sign a 2 year enforcable 15,000 training contract......... for pilots that have more time in the 170 than any one in the world (exactly whos training who)
- Shared hotel rooms for those in training.

If you want to call that a welcome I dont want you on my jumpseat either! you are getting 28 additional aircraft, with additional growth in your company. And the the 250 pilots will gladly return to mainline when thier number is called (probably within 2 years). you all can take that offer and shove it up your collective cans.....its ALL or NONE!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back