Chautaqua/Republic info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When is the arbitrator going to rule?

And FR8mastr. How is keeping ALPA as your bargaining agent going to work on an IBT property with a merged seniority list.

By the way, if you MDA guys win, will that cancel the asset sale and MDA revert to US Airways?

I have an interview comin up with Chatauqua, got some questions. Does anyone know if they pay for training?? Also I have enough time to go to the 170, I want to be based at ORD, is that gonna be possible..If so how long is reserve lasting there, or just on the 170 in general??

pocket aces said:
This is comical, these guys have no clue what is going on.

What's truly comical is that many of us really don't really give a hoot, we're just rolling our eyes at the very, VERY tired arguments and attacks ("you're destroying the profession", "repugnet", etc.). Same attacks, different pilot group.

Instead of directing us to threads on other boards, why don't you just tell us the specifics of this lawsuit? The Reader's Digest version will do.

While you're at it, explain how taking ALL the MDA pilots and giving them seniority that even pilots at companies acquired through a paper shuffle within the Wexford empire aren't due (according to an arbitrator), is something good for the current RAH pilots? Is it your stance that the MDA pilots are all going to be gone within two years and therefore THAT is good for the RAH pilots? Just trying to figure out what it is that you're suggesting. This does nothing good for them in the near term... Company growth with airplanes that they wouldn't have any chance of flying anytime soon hardly sounds like a good deal. I also don't get how a staple means ANYTHING to you and your compatriots if you're protected on the USAirways flying anyway, with noone else doing it, and you'll all be gone in practically no time by your estimation.

I don't know the specifics of what is going on with the USAirways/America West thing, but I am surprised to hear any suggestion that the 1500+ existing furloughed pilots at USAir would be recalled "within two years". Is this the plan?

pocket aces said:
The IBT had every opportunity to give a fair integration to the MDA pilots. Your selfish group offered us this.....

- 50% of the current position staffed at MDA
- A Staple of all pilots
- PayCut of about $5/hr for all positions
- Sign a 2 year enforcable 15,000 training contract......... for pilots that have more time in the 170 than any one in the world (exactly whos training who)
- Shared hotel rooms for those in training.

If you want to call that a welcome I dont want you on my jumpseat either! you are getting 28 additional aircraft, with additional growth in your company. And the the 250 pilots will gladly return to mainline when thier number is called (probably within 2 years). you all can take that offer and shove it up your collective cans.....its ALL or NONE!!!!!!!

I didn't realize protecting one's seniority list was selfish...but whatever.

And a fair integration? You guys have to be an airline for that to happen. Until then...we bought some airplanes...end of story.

As for the rest of your list of complaints...how is any CHQ pilot responsible for those things? How does any of our pilot group deserve to be denied a jumpseat? Or be prevented from getting to our aircraft in PHL so delays get called on Republic crews. That's rreeeal nice.

The J4J guys we have here now are class acts and we're a better company with them here. Having spoken to a few of them...they are embarrassed and disgusted at your behavior.

Be pissed...but be pissed at the right people. Not some guy who's trying to go home.

Last edited:
I think it would be a great irony if Wexford decided to cash out and sold out to an ALPA carrier. Then the ALPA group would really put it to the Shitpublic group.

flyinglow said:
I think it would be a great irony if Wexford decided to cash out and sold out to an ALPA carrier. Then the ALPA group would really put it to the shootpublic group.

Oooooooooo. I bet you want that so bad. I hate to burst your bubble, but Wexford is no longer the majority share holder.

Oh yeah, ALPA is so bad ass these days too.

flyinglow said:
I think it would be a great irony if Wexford decided to cash out and sold out to an ALPA carrier. Then the ALPA group would really put it to the shootpublic group.

Just a tip. The "shootpublic" rips really make you sound like a tard .....you have to change it to shi.ttypublic. Your being edited by "the man".

In other news......I don't see what the big deal is. CHQ pilots are defending themselves. Are they wrong to do it?? He.ll no!!!!!!!

Wouldn't you?

MDA guys are fighting for the most they can get after being left out in the cold by various groups. Are they wrong to do it? He.ll no!!!

Wouldn't you?

Somebody's going to get boned out of all of this. I don't see any reason for either of these two groups to just sit there and let it happen.

Good luck to the both of you.

I want to say a few things and discuss possible outcomes. First of all, this if first hand information. If ALPA does not by chance win this arbitration against USAirways then J4J will have precedence. If they win then the following will probably occur:

The IBT contract states that all mergers and/or acquisitions will be handled per the RLA and Allegheny/Mohawk LPP's. This includes a referendum and vote upon Union Representation. The Union Representation decision (I believe) is the first in a series of things to take place. After representation, contract amalgamation and seniority integration would take place. The previous two paragraphs apply provided that ALPA/MAA are successful in their greivance against USAirways.

Those are the facts, now lets look at the rationale provided ALPA wins the greivance.

The CHQ/REP/S5 seniority list has 1400 pilots. MAA has approx. 300 pilots. A vote would occur combining those two groups for 1700 pilots voting on whether the IBT or ALPA would become the representing Union.

After this the Allegheny/Mohawk provision would be put in place. The Seniority Integration committee from CHQ (the combined seniority list of CHQ/REP/S5 is still called the Chautauqua Pilots' System Seniority List)would meet with their counterparts from MAA in the effort of Negotiating a Combined seniority list. Should this become a stalemate then both parties would select a neutral arbitrator using a strike off method.

The arbitrator would then decide a "fair and equitable" integration.

Back in May we (IBT) tried to have a discussion with ALPA regarding this transaction:

I was part of the contigent that was to negotiate with ALPA. We initially offered ALPA 100% of the jobs which comes with the MAA aircraft. The next 25 airplanes were to be staffed of of the CHQ list until the 50% ratio was reached under J4J. We approached ALPA. Our IBT representatives met with Bill Pollock. This included our attorney Gene Sowell and EC Chairman Gordon Moore.

AAA MEC Chairman Pollock responded to our offer saying they wanted in-base 1 for 1 integration a la PSA. However, they would only insist on 50% of the jobs per J4J for the first 25 airplanes provided they got in-base integration.

Our Committee responded by a counter-proposal which included our former AND pay longevity. ALPA responded by asking for straight MAA DOH.

We felt that at that time ALPA continuously tried to avoid the provisions which agreed to in J4J which was voted on by their membership. In order to change those allowances under our IBT contract a vote would have to be sent out. Anything which would change the IBT contract MUST be voted on by its membership. We felt we did not have the support of our pilot group to change our contract to allow in-base seniority integration or straight DOH.

It was at this time that ALPA threatened us with the greivance against USAirways. Using that tone we backed away from negotiations. Our job is to look out for the best interests of our pilot group (CHQ) and this is what we did.

Now saying all of this I do feel for the MAA plight. At no time during the negotiations with AAA ALPA was a MAA representative (pilot) present. The IBT was not sinister toward MAA and OFFERED 100% of the jobs to the current MAA pilots. I have said this on another thread. Someone reputted those facts but never backed them up with the evidence he said he would provide and the thread died. I have no reason to hide or lie and I post my name behind what I say.

Now, we hope that as many MAA guys as possible will come over. We will welcome them and I think they will be a great addition to our pilot group. Their experience in this industry and aircraft will enhance all of us. I am hoping we can help them as well (probably help them stand back up from being bent over for so long).

I know a few of the MAA pilots have been led into believing the IBT blew off MAA. I am here to tell you that is definitely not true. I have no reason to lie. It really does not make a difference at this point.

I am the Former Strike CHairman and Pilot Rep, yet I have been called a scab numerous times in the past couple of months. If you are venting, please re-read this and consider who you should be venting too.

Ladies and Gentlemen from MAA good luck. I hope a year from now this is all behind us.

Sincerely,

Dan Sneddon

NDM said:
I want to say a few things and discuss possible outcomes. First of all, this if first hand information. If ALPA does not by chance win this arbitration against USAirways then J4J will have precedence. If they win then the following will probably occur:

The IBT contract states that all mergers and/or acquisitions will be handled per the RLA and Allegheny/Mohawk LPP's. This includes a referendum and vote upon Union Representation. The Union Representation decision (I believe) is the first in a series of things to take place. After representation, contract amalgamation and seniority integration would take place. The previous two paragraphs apply provided that ALPA/MAA are successful in their greivance against USAirways.

Those are the facts, now lets look at the rationale provided ALPA wins the greivance.

The CHQ/REP/S5 seniority list has 1400 pilots. MAA has approx. 300 pilots. A vote would occur combining those two groups for 1700 pilots voting on whether the IBT or ALPA would become the representing Union.

After this the Allegheny/Mohawk provision would be put in place. The Seniority Integration committee from CHQ (the combined seniority list of CHQ/REP/S5 is still called the Chautauqua Pilots' System Seniority List)would meet with their counterparts from MAA in the effort of Negotiating a Combined seniority list. Should this become a stalemate then both parties would select a neutral arbitrator using a strike off method.

The arbitrator would then decide a "fair and equitable" integration.

Back in May we (IBT) tried to have a discussion with ALPA regarding this transaction:

I was part of the contigent that was to negotiate with ALPA. We initially offered ALPA 100% of the jobs which comes with the MAA aircraft. The next 25 airplanes were to be staffed of of the CHQ list until the 50% ratio was reached under J4J. We approached ALPA. Our IBT representatives met with Bill Pollock. This included our attorney Gene Sowell and EC Chairman Gordon Moore.

AAA MEC Chairman Pollock responded to our offer saying they wanted in-base 1 for 1 integration a la PSA. However, they would only insist on 50% of the jobs per J4J for the first 25 airplanes provided they got in-base integration.

Our Committee responded by a counter-proposal which included our former AND pay longevity. ALPA responded by asking for straight MAA DOH.

We felt that at that time ALPA continuously tried to avoid the provisions which agreed to in J4J which was voted on by their membership. In order to change those allowances under our IBT contract a vote would have to be sent out. Anything which would change the IBT contract MUST be voted on by its membership. We felt we did not have the support of our pilot group to change our contract to allow in-base seniority integration or straight DOH.

It was at this time that ALPA threatened us with the greivance against USAirways. Using that tone we backed away from negotiations. Our job is to look out for the best interests of our pilot group (CHQ) and this is what we did.

Now saying all of this I do feel for the MAA plight. At no time during the negotiations with AAA ALPA was a MAA representative (pilot) present. The IBT was not sinister toward MAA and OFFERED 100% of the jobs to the current MAA pilots. I have said this on another thread. Someone reputted those facts but never backed them up with the evidence he said he would provide and the thread died. I have no reason to hide or lie and I post my name behind what I say.

Now, we hope that as many MAA guys as possible will come over. We will welcome them and I think they will be a great addition to our pilot group. Their experience in this industry and aircraft will enhance all of us. I am hoping we can help them as well (probably help them stand back up from being bent over for so long).

I know a few of the MAA pilots have been led into believing the IBT blew off MAA. I am here to tell you that is definitely not true. I have no reason to lie. It really does not make a difference at this point.

I am the Former Strike CHairman and Pilot Rep, yet I have been called a scab numerous times in the past couple of months. If you are venting, please re-read this and consider who you should be venting too.

Ladies and Gentlemen from MAA good luck. I hope a year from now this is all behind us.

Sincerely,

Dan Sneddon

So Dan, what do you realistically think will happen?

The MDA guys I have talked to are ademant about not coming over to CHQ and certainly not IBT. They will certainly never give up recall rights.

They believe that they will prevail and this deal will fall apart and the 170's will revert to US Airways.

Realistically? Who knows. Could be in either direction. J4J or Integration. Nobody knows how arbitration is going to turn out.

However, we have taken delivery of 2 more 170's from MAA, and a 3rd will be next week. We will have 6 aircraft on property flying for USAirways by November 9. We will be taking delivery of 2 aircraft per month until all have been delivered.

All I know is that we must stay professional towards all pilots involved.

Dan

Latest resources

Back