• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chataqua to lose most of E145 DL flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prediction: These airframes are the ones PSA is trying to negotiate for and they will be ultimately be outsourced to RAH.

Any takers?

...JP is going to take LearLove and his CDL buddies and run the show. Learn them all how mainline does it....

Ha Biatches!!!

SlapShot said:
The CRJ rumor is true. IND HQ is currently coming up with a project time line. It is my understanding they are getting 24 CRJs from GECAS. I would imagine a training program will come with the lease of the airplanes.

If they purchase an approved training program, they could add the type to the Ops Specs in about 120 days. I am pretty sure they can find someone with CRJ experience to help with the changes to the GOM and write a AOM. I bet the hardest part of this whole thing will be the FAA's schedule. Since a lot of things will need to be done during the holidays, and government employees do not work too quickly during the month of December.

Source?

It took them TWO YEARS to fully get Republic up and running. RAH is still run operationally like they fly Beech 99s, are understaffed crews and support employees, the training department has alot of turnover due to low pay & QOL and you think they can just throw CRJs into the operation?

I've got nothing against RAH, but I just don't see this happening...

BoilerUP said:
Source?

It took them TWO YEARS to fully get Republic up and running. RAH is still run operationally like they fly Beech 99s, are understaffed crews and support employees, the training department has alot of turnover due to low pay & QOL and you think they can just throw CRJs into the operation?

I've got nothing against RAH, but I just don't see this happening...

you work at RAH right?

Gofish said:
Does anybody over at CHQ/RAH know if the CRJ's they are acquiring are going to be 900's? Who will these CRJ's codeshare with? Will they codeshare with US Airways?
If RAH gets CRJs they will be 200's, flown for CAL. Likely former ACA/Independence jets. 24 planes.

The Drizzle said:
you work at RAH right?

No, I don't, but to be honest with you I've tried like hell to get an interview there for the last year. Like I said, I've got nothing at all against RAH or its employees.

My opinion is based on personal observations living in IND, a previous internship at CHQ, and many friends working there in many different departments, ranging from training to scheduling to safety to flight crew.

If CRJs *are* annouced at RAH (and I don't think they will, JMO), I'll be standing in line at HQ the next morning with my resume for a management/training dept. job for the CL65.

well, now that you gave me background, i can't make a snide remark.....curse you for taking away my flightinfo fun

;)

CRJs are dirt cheap these days but I think the cost of getting them up and running at RAH would be cost prohibitive, especially for only 24 airframes. There are other potential sources to potentially get 145s (CHQ DL/UA flying, Mesa, TSA, Expressjet, europe, etc) that would let Bedford keep and expand his current economies of scale with Embraer.

The one wildcard is if Comair really is inplay, and in that case, all bets are off. RAH could use Comair to cover all or 24 tails of CAL flying, and/or they could put their 145s from Airways in DAL colors. Who knows...

...I sound like Boyd or some analyst tonight, time for bed...

BoilerUP said:
Source?

It took them TWO YEARS to fully get Republic up and running...you think they can just throw CRJs into the operation?

The two years issue was more about starting a new airline "from scratch" and going through all the issues (new rules and standards from the Fed) that go with that. Secondly, ramp up time for a new a/c type is really pretty short. IF (and that's a mighty big word) the CRJ comes to RAH, 3-6 months is a reasonable time frame for such.

Airline pilots obviously have too much time on their hands. Speculate, speculate, speculate.

What happened to flying the plane? Do you all think you are airline industry experts, especially since you are not privy to 90% of information available?

I bet MGMT types get a real kick reading these posts!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back