Chataqua to lose most of E145 DL flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PGTB said:
How many ERJs are you short? How many 145s do you have with DL....I think youll find where you are going to find the xtra 145s. Thats per the rumor
noone is disagreeing with you there....the 145's in Airways paint will be moved to CAL service and the new 175's will supplement that Airways 50 seat loss. Were getting more DAL lines by the month not less....this may happen way down the road....but not any time soon....defanatley a spoof...as far as the CRJ rumour, yes the lease payments would be alot cheaper than on the 145's but IMHO i dont think theyll have time to implement a CRJ training program by the time the CAL flying starts...who knows?? only time will tell

CRJ's do not make since in such a small number. Now, that being said, Bedford continues to look at the market toward possible consolidation. If it were to add enough additional flying to compensate for the expense it MAY be possible yet still unlikely.

IMO, I think the 24 additional a/c or the CAL deal will either be returned a/c from XJET or 3rd party leases from elsewhere.

well im not flaming here but ive heard that Mesa wants to go all CRJ on the jet side....other than that i cant think of anywhere else besides xjet returns or some other random 3rd party lessor.

The CRJ rumor is true. IND HQ is currently coming up with a project time line. It is my understanding they are getting 24 CRJs from GECAS. I would imagine a training program will come with the lease of the airplanes.

If they purchase an approved training program, they could add the type to the Ops Specs in about 120 days. I am pretty sure they can find someone with CRJ experience to help with the changes to the GOM and write a AOM. I bet the hardest part of this whole thing will be the FAA's schedule. Since a lot of things will need to be done during the holidays, and government employees do not work too quickly during the month of December.

Does anybody over at CHQ/RAH know if the CRJ's they are acquiring are going to be 900's? Who will these CRJ's codeshare with? Will they codeshare with US Airways?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back