• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Change is in the air at XOJET...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Historically speaking, there is no correlation of training new hires, to whether or not furloughs will occur. During the last Continental furlough, new hires were told that they would not be doing IOE and the should seek employment elsewhere.

In other words, the training hand has no idea what the power hand is doing, or when.

At a company the size of Continental, I'd agree. But the same guys who would be negotiating this type of transaction are also the ones that would be involved in approving the training expenditure. But what do I know, I need a checklist to do my job...

Guys nothing good about the news holiday season or not. But please don't be foolish and just keep your head in the sand as your body is exposed and devoured. My facts are not intended to give you the warm and fuzzy they are intended to give you a head start on a new job. What I told you is absolutely true and will happen, you can choose not to believe but this makes it no less of a truth. I am truly sorry for all of you and I give you this information to help you make needed choices for yourself and your family.

Good luck & God speed

XO is going to OneSky.
Only the aircraft and contracts No pilots so do yourself a favor and get your resume out.

It's not legal under McCaskill/Bond to only take the aircraft without the pilots. Do a google search on the subject and educate yourself so as not to unintentionally inflame.

Did any Flexjet pilots get fired when they were bought out by Onesky or is it DAC? I think everyone kept their job and they still operate seperately as Flexjet. Now management and office personel is a different story, they would definitely be on the chopping block.

Last edited:
Come on dude it's a "grey area". Uncle says so.

So how far do you let it go? The Aviation Week 'realignment' article says it all. http://m.aviationweek.com/nbaa2014/flexjet-flight-options-realign

One CEO, shared and migrating fleets and programs. Sound like a single carrier yet? Anyone? Bueller? Or do you just enjoy the ride (and dues), eat steak on the pilots' dime while you negotiate for the next three years, and let KR have his way until there are maybe 90 guys left flying charter for Sentient in old Beechjets and Legacies?

Latest resources

Back