• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going to take the FE Basic Turbojet after a few more days of studying. I have the ATP121 written in the bag already. With my A&P I could do the FE ride in the sim somewhere. I have 1400hrs total, 600hrs turbine SIC, 12 or so turbine PIC. If anyone would venture a guess at what my chances would be of getting on the panel, I'd appreciate it. Also if the 2000tt requirement is solid.

Oh wait, I meant to say "I'm asking for a friend of mine" ;)

Good luck, I don't know how solid the 2K requirement is. Cheers,and Godspeed.

I'm going to take the FE Basic Turbojet after a few more days of studying. I have the ATP121 written in the bag already. With my A&P I could do the FE ride in the sim somewhere. I have 1400hrs total, 600hrs turbine SIC, 12 or so turbine PIC. If anyone would venture a guess at what my chances would be of getting on the panel, I'd appreciate it. Also if the 2000tt requirement is solid.

Oh wait, I meant to say "I'm asking for a friend of mine" ;)

At this point, the 2000hr requirement isn't very solid at all... Champion is having a hard time filling the upcoming class. As for getting the panel, rest assured, if you are hired, you will take your tour of duty through the panel. It's actually a contractual requirement with ALPA.

what kind of potential does Champion have ?

We fly everything from the Marines to the family of 4 making their annual pilgramage to DisneyWorld, we fly a fleet of 17 aging but still beautiful 727s,we are in the black financially, and are currently negotiating our second ALPA contract. One days work may see you in Las Vegas, the next Costa Rica,the next after that LAX, or ANC on a DOD charter. The flying is awesome,but you have to pass through the FE's seat to get to it. Compensation is something we are working on,and if you do not live in base,and you are junior, a commutable line is a challenge. Some love it, some love it and move on to 121 people carriers in the Sched world,some can't stand it and move on quickly, but back to your original question our potential? God's grace, blue skies, and green fields forever, every move is a gamble,follow your gut. I think FEdEx,UPS,and the Tejas 737 guys are the only sure thing out there.

From a previous post, someone said that min day was 10, when I thought it was 11? And it's only no min day on NBA trips. Regular trips have min day. I just dont know why if you live in domicle that there's anything wrong working with Champion.

I'll have to dig into my contract again, but I recall that it was 10 days off... There is no minimum day for any type of flying. Again, we are hoping to get this changed in the next contract.

Living in base and working here all depends on your expectations. If you want to live in MSP, you'll be home. However, you'll potentially be on reserve for a long time. If you're more flexible, there are other more junior bases that'll provide you with more flying and quicker upgrades. It's all worth weighing.

Having flown with 727C47 a bunch, I can personally state that we have a great group of pilots. You get to see some great places. Many more than I would have seen at the regionals. And if they fix some key issues in the contract, I could see myself staying here for a career.

This guy must be on crack, Dewey better get him tested

This guy must be on crack, Dewey better get him tested right away, thinks things are going to get better at Champion, hasn't for the last 5 years what do you think is going to change now. He is going to make a career at Champion, Wow now he is really smoking crack. So he is going to wait until he has been there a long time, so then when they mess with him for using his allowed sick days and fire him for using them he will be to old to get employed any where else while he waits for his grievence to never get heard.

This guy must be on crack, Dewey better get him tested right away, thinks things are going to get better at Champion, hasn't for the last 5 years what do you think is going to change now. He is going to make a career at Champion, Wow now he is really smoking crack. So he is going to wait until he has been there a long time, so then when they mess with him for using his allowed sick days and fire him for using them he will be to old to get employed any where else while he waits for his grievence to never get heard.

First of all, you've made a choice of leaving to head to corporate. And I sincerely hope that it's working for you. As for myself, I had to make a tough decision and I'm doing the best with what I've got. And like I said, if "KEY" changes are made in the contract, life can become much better around here than what it is now. Until then, I'll continue to tell people what it's like to be employed around there and leave it up to them to make their own decisions.

Champion, quite obviously, didn't work out well at all for you. However, my opinion and career employment will be predicated on events to happen in the near future.

If I wanted to be a SO based out of MSP what type of schedules could I expect (or how often could I be at home to play with my little ones)?......Like nights away from home per week or per month?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back